Anyone Know Harley Engine ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My step-dad passed recently and left me this. I know it’s a custom bike his friend in Denver built (I hauled it back from Denver).

I think it’s a shovel head but can’t find any with the lines. Anyone help me out with motor year or ID?

Thanks a ton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is a shovel head .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
      It is a shovel head .

Do you know if there is a way to identify the year? Does it matter?

Comment

It’s a shovel head mid 60’s should have a serial number on it and you can look it up from there.

Comment

Thanks tons!

Comment

Find the Serial number on the case.

Comment

The first 2 numbers on the case should be the year model pre 71
              The vin should be on the front of the motor below the cylinder . Should have a ⭐️at either end of the number .
              Last edited by Strummer; 10-29-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I like the looks of that bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 77 shovel. Bought it new in Houston . The engine looks just like mine except yours has been " hopped up". It has dual plug heads and no telling what else. If it still runs it's gotta be fast.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    The first 2 numbers on the case should be the year model pre 71
                    The vin should be on the front of the motor below the cylinder . Should have a ⭐️at either end of the number .

I threw it and the zero turn in a storage shed away from the house the week after he died so some losers that he knew wouldn’t break into the shed. I’m going to run up this Friday and grab it and will check these numbers.

I appreciate everyone help!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                      I have a 77 shovel. Bought it new in Houston . The engine looks just like mine except yours has been " hopped up". It has dual plug heads and no telling what else. If it still runs it's gotta be fast.

Does your have those blue/red lines on the rocker covers (think that’s what those are called)??

Yes, it ran great but has been sitting in a garage a few years and don’t know what to expect with that.

I’m not sure fast on a ridged frame sounds fun [emoji1787]

Comment

If you need help getting it running just holler. I'm in Lorena but wouldnt mind driving over to tinker with it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
                          If you need help getting it running just holler. I'm in Lorena but wouldnt mind driving over to tinker with it.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Man thanks so much. There is a history on how this bike got built and would mean a lot for me to get it working. The guy who built it manufactured the frame and it has no VIN. Having to go through a longer process than normal to get a VIN and bonded title.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftridge View Post
                            Does your have those blue/red lines on the rocker covers (think that’s what those are called)??

Yes, it ran great but has been sitting in a garage a few years and don’t know what to expect with that.

I’m not sure fast on a ridged frame sounds fun [emoji1787]

Don't remember for sure abt the rocker stripes, thinking 1976. (Bicentennial or something like that). The rigid frame with that spring seat isn't bad riding at all but those drag bars will have to go if you ride it much. They vibrate BAD!! Put some 8+" bars on it and it'll ride good. Only thing bad abt that frame is that it makes you slide back off the seat when accelerating hard. Looks great though...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X