Sales commissions / stipends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales commissions / stipends

Read a couple threads with good info. Have a 2nd interview for a salary + commission coming up. Environmental (storm water) services and products. Maybe $1000 to $100000 at a time. Commercial/multi family/ city projects, new, retrofits, maintenance etc. I am entry level as well as the position is considered entry level. Salary estimate appeared to be substantial. Some sales would be faster than others.

What is a standard commission rate for something similar? Would you mind sharing your % for 1 unit or product average sale price?

Thanks

I would think if your salary estimate is substantial, the commission % would be like 1-3%? This is purely a guess as I'm not too familiar with that industry. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can provide info.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Some of the companies operate on a sliding scale based on Margin percentage.
        Example: something sold at 10%, you may receive 5% of the GP dollars whereas something sold at 40% you may receive 18% of the GP dollars.
        There’s a lot of variable there and every company compensation is different. Being salary plus, the commission payout is usually a lower percentage of the over GP dollars vs a company where the sales force is 100% commission based compensation.

Comment

Storm Trooper?
          StormTech?
          BioClean?
          StormCeptor?
          CulTech?

If you feel comfortable PMing me who you're interviewing with, chances are pretty good that I know them and use their system. We install more storm water systems than anyone in the greater Houston area, by more than a little bit, and I'm very familiar with the industry. At the very least, I could give you some insight.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            Some of the companies operate on a sliding scale based on Margin percentage.
            Example: something sold at 10%, you may receive 5% of the GP dollars whereas something sold at 40% you may receive 18% of the GP dollars.
            There’s a lot of variable there and every company compensation is different. Being salary plus, the commission payout is usually a lower percentage of the over GP dollars vs a company where the sales force is 100% commission based compensation.

This is the ideal commission structure. The company makes more, you make more. It changes the mindset. Usually with these types os commission plans, you have no limit to your pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank y’all for the input

Comment

5-10% of gross profit

Comment

Working...
                X