Which Ramcats to buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Ramcats to buy??

I’m going to finally try these out. I changed from 125 grain broadheads over to 100 grain to lighten up my FOC a little. I was at 20% so gonna tame it down a little. My question is which of the Ramcats are the tried and true broadheads that everyone recommends all the time. And best place to purchase if you know any deals. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see they make a few different models.

Comment

These are great and fly like darts! 100gr and 1 3/8 cut. They are stupid sharp right out of the package too!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by hogslayer78; 07-29-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

If you like that style of head, exodus are far more durable. We have broken a lot of ram cat blades off inside animals. But don’t have that issue with the exodus. This is Just a suggestion, some swear by the ram cats, but we have experienced more broken blades with them then any other head we have tried. Not saying the don’t work, they do most of the times, but failure rate has been much higher in my experience.
        Last edited by critter69; 07-29-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Why tame your FOC down? I am at 20% and the positives outweigh ghr begatives immensely. 25 grains is not going to change much.

Again why change?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            If you like that style of head, exodus are far more durable. We have broken a lot of ram cat blades off inside animals. But don’t have that issue with the exodus. This is Just a suggestion, some swear by the ram cats, but we have experienced more broken blades with them then any other head we have tried. Not saying the don’t work, they do most of the times, but failure rate has been much higher in my experience.
            You post on every thread about breaking blades on any Ramcat. I have used them here in the states and in RSA on plenty of animals here and over there and have NEVER broken blade on critter period! I have shot plenty of animals with them since they were introduced. Your experience is exactly opposite of mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Why tame your FOC down? I am at 20% and the positives outweigh ghr begatives immensely. 25 grains is not going to change much.

Again why change?

My longer shots are coming down way too downhill instead of flat. We went over it at the bow shop and decided to try the 100 grains. Worth a shot. As for the Ramcats I’m going to try them because they been around forever it seems and people still rave over em.

Comment

Ramcats are great broadheads for deer. I really like the Diamondbacks but the originals are great too.

Comment

I really want to try some ramcats soon

Comment

I like the traditional style Ramcat head. I switched to them a couple years ago due to their accuracy. I always had fixed blades hit different than my field points, until I switched to Ramcats. I shoot the 125 gr heads.

Comment

Shot several deer and pigs with them. Alittle smaller but I am a big fan of the single bevels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        You post on every thread about breaking blades on any Ramcat. I have used them here in the states and in RSA on plenty of animals here and over there and have NEVER broken blade on critter period! I have shot plenty of animals with them since they were introduced. Your experience is exactly opposite of mine!

His post is also the exact opposite of my experiences.

To answer the OP. Shoot the originals. The best pro to going with the originals is that, if by some freak chance you don’t get a pass-thru, the blades will fold forward and cut on the way out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ordered some on amazon. Good price. I’ll let y’all know how they fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                            Ordered some on amazon. Good price. I’ll let y’all know how they fly.

Just fyi, the little screws to change and tighten the blades are left handed threads.

Comment

I use the 100gr 1 3/8” Ramcats as well - they’re scary sharp. They fly great out of my Scorpyd Ventilator which is around 370 fps.

Comment

Working...
                              X