Cottonseed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed

My dad and I are looking into supplemental feeding. Gimme the scoop on cottonseed? What time of year do we feed? Best way to feed it? If there is a thread with all this info, can you direct me to it! Merry Christmas!!

Come on man...you’ve been around a long enough time to know how to use the search function brother [emoji12]

Comment

What he ^^^^ said. Tons of cottonseed info

Buy in bulk. Feed from Feb-Sept.

Make feeders out of 2x4 welded wire and a t-post. Or use water tote frames.

Comment

One of my wire feeders.

Comment

Wire basket feeder is simple to make. Put it out and make sure they will eat it before you buy a ton of it. I feed it year round at four different places. They destroy it at Junction, Boerne and Laredo. My deer in Atascosa county won’t touch it for some reason. I have been trying to get them to eat it for 1.5 years and it still just sits there.

Comment

I’d love to feed Cottonseed but not convenient for me. We just feed Protein from our Protein Feeders. Filling them up this weekend and will try to keep them feeding until September.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              Wire basket feeder is simple to make. Put it out and make sure they will eat it before you buy a ton of it. I feed it year round at four different places. They destroy it at Junction, Boerne and Laredo. My deer in Atascosa county won’t touch it for some reason. I have been trying to get them to eat it for 1.5 years and it still just sits there.

Do you buy any local in Atascosa county? Where do you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by WBA2000 View Post
                Do you buy any local in Atascosa county? Where do you buy?
                I get it here in Boerne at Wheelers. Check with Morales feed in Devine. I see it at most feed stores these days. I buy it in bags most of the time because i don’t need bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                  I get it here in Boerne at Wheelers. Check with Morales feed in Devine. I see it at most feed stores these days. I buy it in bags most of the time because i don’t need bulk.

Ok thanks!

Comment

Do most of y’all feed this in conjunction with protein in the same pen to give options? Also, where to get it around DFW or Weatherford?

Comment

Do pigs eat the Cottenseed?

Comment

Originally posted by topher View Post
                        Do pigs eat the Cottenseed?
                        Ain’t just a whole lot a swine won’t eat so I’m guessing yes they will eat it. I’ve heard it’s hard for them to digest but idk the particulars.

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                          Do most of y’all feed this in conjunction with protein in the same pen to give options? Also, where to get it around DFW or Weatherford?

Cottonseed is protein. I feed it instead of protein pellets. It's cheaper, and way more weather resistant. Raccoons don't eat it either.

Comment

So do y’all recommend building a feed pen around it to keep the pigs out?
                            Pigs eat a little of it or they eat it all plus destroy the wire basket?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Cottonseed is protein. I feed it instead of protein pellets. It's cheaper, and way more weather resistant. Raccoons don't eat it either.
                              where do you get yours from?

Id like to start feeding it and need to find a supply tween tomball and crockett

Comment

Working...
                              X