Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #101
Dave

When you go to work at a University you agree to the schools policies, just like you would at a lot of places. Except Universities are a different environment and have more policies in place, mostly to protect students from predatory faculty and staff.

There are specific policies in place at both Texas A&M and UT that require what are referred to as "responsible employees" to report domestic abuse, or even suspicion of domestic abuse. Coaches, all coaches, are required by that policy to report domestic abuse to the Title IX office and police if danger is imminent. Just reporting it to the AD's office, isn't enough. Telling your boss in your office, isn't enough.

I will also add from my experience working with abused women these kinds of things are never one time events. It doesn't just happen and then stop. Often a court case will be built around a single incident that they have collected evidence for but it's never just a single incident it's always part of a pattern.
This didn't just happen once in 2009 and then again once in 2015. It was going on all along.

So does the Ohio State University feel the Urban Myer violated their requirement to report policy on domestic abuse? The cynical side of me says they will weight how bad it will look if they keep him and decide if it's worth the risk. If you want your football program to be your front porch, you better keep your front porch clean.

Finally, I do think it's reasonable to think Herman knew what was going on. However, Texas has no requirement to enforce a policy from a previous employer. If I was the AD I would have Herman's staff spend some time with the Title IX people and make sure they all understand the policies they agreed to when they signed contracts with the University.
Dave is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #102
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I don't think these kids fully understand "chain of command"...

And just for the sake of clarification, if Herman violated some rule, then he can/should deal with the discipline.

But the mere suggestion that someone could be fired for a reporting violation their boss potentially commited 2 or 3 jobs ago is nothing short of moronic. You're trying to hard...
I was being facetious. You’re taking things too seriously.
12RingKing is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 04:48 PM   #103
tpcollins
Eight Point

Hunt In: Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladesgator View Post
Urban Liar should be fired

Everyone, is worried about poor Urban, who is worried about the victim.

Meyer lied about knowing about the 2015 incident, his wife know about it, all the other assistant coaches and wives know about it but the head coach didn't know about it.

That's what we call him. On ESPN when he was a color commentator for college football games, he was asked on live TV if he was in contact with OSU for the coaching job - he said NO!

The next day he was announced as their new head coach. Fire the bum.
tpcollins is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 05:01 PM   #104
rosco11
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberson View Post
New rumor from a longhorn fan...Urban fired, Hermann to Ohio State and Saban to Austin.
Adios,
Gary
Trying to catch up here.. this one's hilarious! Lol
rosco11 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #105
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
When you go to work at a University you agree to the schools policies, just like you would at a lot of places. Except Universities are a different environment and have more policies in place, mostly to protect students from predatory faculty and staff.

There are specific policies in place at both Texas A&M and UT that require what are referred to as "responsible employees" to report domestic abuse, or even suspicion of domestic abuse. Coaches, all coaches, are required by that policy to report domestic abuse to the Title IX office and police if danger is imminent. Just reporting it to the AD's office, isn't enough. Telling your boss in your office, isn't enough.

I will also add from my experience working with abused women these kinds of things are never one time events. It doesn't just happen and then stop. Often a court case will be built around a single incident that they have collected evidence for but it's never just a single incident it's always part of a pattern.
This didn't just happen once in 2009 and then again once in 2015. It was going on all along.

So does the Ohio State University feel the Urban Myer violated their requirement to report policy on domestic abuse? The cynical side of me says they will weight how bad it will look if they keep him and decide if it's worth the risk. If you want your football program to be your front porch, you better keep your front porch clean.

Finally, I do think it's reasonable to think Herman knew what was going on. However, Texas has no requirement to enforce a policy from a previous employer. If I was the AD I would have Herman's staff spend some time with the Title IX people and make sure they all understand the policies they agreed to when they signed contracts with the University.

Thanks Dave for your response and insight. So can the powers to be come back and bite these former coaches in the arse if they knew and didn't report while at Ohio State?
BrandonA is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #106
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Thanks Dave for your response and insight. So can the powers to be come back and bite these former coaches in the arse if they knew and didn't report while at Ohio State?
No, not at all. Like I said, they might want to do some education on the policies so something like this doesn't happen currently, but that's it. Two hugely different situations between Ohio State and Texas.

If Ohio State finds that Urban Myer didn't notify the right people of this current incident that they have evidence of I don't see how he stays.
Dave is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #107
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
No, not at all. Like I said, they might want to do some education on the policies so something like this doesn't happen currently, but that's it. Two hugely different situations between Ohio State and Texas.

If Ohio State finds that Urban Myer didn't notify the right people of this current incident that they have evidence of I don't see how he stays.
Gotcha. Thks for clearing that up for me
BrandonA is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #108
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:

Excellent info here
aggie2000tx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:37 AM   #109
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

The plot thickens

Now both The mother Zach and the mother of Courtney are saying Courtney has been planning this revenge for a long time because Zach cheated on her. This is one CRAZY Lady

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-moth...223132593.html
Old 08-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #110
jer_james
Ten Point

There is a lot to figure out in this ordeal ...
jer_james is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 11:53 AM   #111
Grayson
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
The plot thickens

Now both The mother Zach and the mother of Courtney are saying Courtney has been planning this revenge for a long time because Zach cheated on her. This is one CRAZY Lady

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-moth...223132593.html
Wonder how big that wire transfer was that the mom just got. "Signing bonus" for her new "job."
Grayson is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #112
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Wonder how big that wire transfer was that the mom just got. "Signing bonus" for her new "job."
There is not enough money on earth, that would make me say something false about either of my parents, any of my siblings, and especially not my children. I've had a few differences thru the years, with some of the adults in my family, and still wouldn't even fathom saying anything against them...in private, much less in public. IF you are correct, well there is a special place in hell for those types of people
TxDispatcher is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #113
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

She doesent really got the “Hot Crazy” matrix???? Maybe she is an anomaly
Playa is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #114
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
There is not enough money on earth, that would make me say something false about either of my parents, any of my siblings, and especially not my children. I've had a few differences thru the years, with some of the adults in my family, and still wouldn't even fathom saying anything against them...in private, much less in public. IF you are correct, well there is a special place in hell for those types of people
Cain and Abel.

the dwarf and the evil queen - GOT
systemnt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #115
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Cain and Abel.

the dwarf and the evil queen - GOT
Oh I'm not saying they aren't out there...I just can't fathom it is all
TxDispatcher is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #116
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

http://www.espn.com/college-football...eyes-reporting

Now Herman is in the mix. This story and incident gets crazier and crazier. Who is the bus going to run over next?
Old 08-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #117
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
http://www.espn.com/college-football...eyes-reporting

Now Herman is in the mix. This story and incident gets crazier and crazier. Who is the bus going to run over next?
Herman has been in the mix since it started. ESPN just now got wind of it. Not looking good.
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #118
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/am...yer-zach-smith
gekko man is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 07:08 PM   #119
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO

curious to see how this all plays out now!
drop dead fred is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #120
Casey
Administrator

There is a College Football Thread where this discussion belongs.

Thanks.
Casey is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread