Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #51
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan View Post
Was the guy ever convicted of a crime?
I think the female he beat up refused to press charges, not that it matters one bit.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #52
TWOHunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Scrappin' Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan View Post
Was the guy ever convicted of a crime?
Itís my understanding is that the police investigated and didnít even bring charges... much less did he get arrested... never got to the DA... no conviction, obviously.
TWOHunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #53
quackerback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: down the road

I just donít know how it can be justified in not firing him after what happened with art Briles.
quackerback is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 08:37 PM   #54
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOHunter View Post
It’s my understanding is that the police investigated and didn’t even bring charges... much less did he get arrested... never got to the DA... no conviction, obviously.
Hence my thought of police coverup. You have pictures of said abuse. Husband admitting said abuse via text. Either the ex was to scared to press charges, either out of fear or intimidation, or the police / DA decided not do anything out of the same. Do not **** off the big monkey in the room and Ohio State football fan base. Protect the team

Last edited by BrandonA; 08-06-2018 at 08:45 PM.
BrandonA is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 08:40 PM   #55
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerback View Post
I just donít know how it can be justified in not firing him after what happened with art Briles.
Seriously??? You donít see the difference between concealing the rape of female students by athletes compared to a grown woman who willingly stayed in an abusive marriage.

You might get to the eye doc, your perspective is off
Playa is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #56
monsterspike
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Does this trickle down to Herman. He worked very closely with Zack Smith.
WHOOOOO YAAAAAA LMAO!!!

he had to know. now lets get em all!!
monsterspike is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #57
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterspike View Post
WHOOOOO YAAAAAA LMAO!!!

he had to know. now lets get em all!!
What's funny ? If he knew or any other coach knew and did nothing you think that's fine? Especially since by law he is suppose to report?
Old 08-06-2018, 08:58 PM   #58
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
What's funny ? If he knew or any other coach knew and did nothing you think that's fine? Especially since by law he is suppose to report?

Did you see the part about he left the program in 2014 and the abuse in question happened in late 2015?

I agree on it being a witch hunt. No... I don't agree with how it was handled or with what the assistant coach did but still.....It seems like all the media does these days is dig and dig to find anything possible to break a story to get somebody fired these days and sell clicks.

Last edited by Smart; 08-06-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 08:58 PM   #59
monsterspike
Eight Point

Quote:
no sir. i think its beautiful justice for those trying to pin it on meyer and claiming he absolutely knew and covered up a crime.

but as we know, no one at UT cares about spouse abuse! its all about wins and loses!

fire herman!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #60
monsterspike
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Did you see the part about he left the program in 2014 and the abuse in question happened in late 2015?
she claimed, at least at one point, that the abuse started in 2009.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #61
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
she claimed, at least at one point, that the abuse started in 2009.

Did she claim that Meyer and the coaching staff knew in 2009? I don't know....I'm just curious
Old 08-06-2018, 09:04 PM   #62
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:

I agree on it being a witch hunt. No... I don't agree with how it was handled or with what the assistant coach did but still.....It seems like all the media does these days is to dig and dig to find stuff to get somebody fired these days to sell clicks.
No I didn't miss it. As I said when did these texts start and when and if did they know? I seriously doubt there was no abuse between 2009 and 2015. 2015 probably was the pinnacle and only then was it "officially" reported. Knowing and eventually reporting isn't an excuse. But what we do know is it was reported and Meyer did know in 2009 and 2015 and kept this jackass on staff. To me it's now a question who else knew and didn't report.

Last edited by BrandonA; 08-06-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:10 PM   #63
monsterspike
Eight Point

Quote:
Did she claim that Meyer and the coaching staff knew in 2009? I don't know....I'm just curious
she claimed it first happened in '09 at UF. she has never at any point claimed that meyer knew.

she says meyer maybe shouldnt be around young men, however its a known fact that her parents knew. of course, no one asked her, if she feels safe letting her kids be around her parents!
Old 08-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #64
monsterspike
Eight Point

"all the coaches wives knew" smith said, "every single one"

herman has declined to comment on if he has discussed the matter with current UT assistants stan drayton, and tim beck, as all three were at osu with smith...

do you like apples!?? i love apples!
Old 08-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #65
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
"all the coaches wives knew" smith said, "every single one"

herman has declined to comment on if he has discussed the matter with current UT assistants stan drayton, and tim beck, as all three were at osu with smith...

do you like apples!?? i love apples!
Herman is lawyring up if he has declined
Old 08-06-2018, 11:07 PM   #66
monsterspike
Eight Point

Quote:
Herman is lawyring up if he has declined
meh, they have had plenty of time to get their stories straight. the wives will take the fall for it.

the whole world will know that they should be fired, but they will keep their jobs. UT is all about the wins. nothing else matters to any of them.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:10 PM   #67
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:

I do think itís fine depending on how they knew.

If she came directly to them and they said nothing then they are guilty for not running it up the chain of command. If she went to the head coaches wife and he did nothing about it and they heard about through rumors then they are ok.

I have always ran anything up the chain of command of it didnít seem right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ice is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #68
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
meh, they have had plenty of time to get their stories straight. the wives will take the fall for it.

the whole world will know that they should be fired, but they will keep their jobs. UT is all about the wins. nothing else matters to any of them.

Wait wait.....Herman or any assistant for that matter that has gone on to another program (and been at subsequent programs) should be fired because some fellow employee slapped his wife around back 4-8 years ago at a totally different program they were not in charge of? Do you know how dumb that sounds? Snowflake much?

And this is not a Herman thing...it is the ridiculousness of social media and the liberal media's witch hunts for everything in many different facets...and what folks should lose their job for. Seems like every time you turn around the media or special interest groups are calling for someone's job.....and now we have folks suggesting people working at the same time, who are innocent bystanders and (don't beat their wife), should get fired too...LMAO...really? Used to be a saying "mind your own **** business" back in the day...now folks think you should get fired if don't you stick your nose into a fellow employees' family life or business?

Last edited by Smart; 08-06-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:19 PM   #69
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Default Urban Meyer

Quote:
Wait wait.....Herman or any assistant for that matter that has gone on to another program should be fired because some fellow employee slapped his wife around back 4-8 years ago at a totally different program they were not in charge of? Do you know how dumb that sounds? Snowflake much?

Even if they were with the same program and they heard about it through the rumor mill they shouldnít be fired.

Last edited by Black Ice; 08-06-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:30 PM   #70
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
Even if they were with the same program and they heard about it through the rumor mill they shouldn’t be fired.

I'm in agreement..I think the right person already lost his job. Maybe it should have been sooner and maybe it should be the person in charge of hiring and firing too (maybe)....but his fellow employees should be immune to the witch hunts
Old 08-06-2018, 11:33 PM   #71
monsterspike
Eight Point

Quote:
Wait wait.....Herman or any assistant for that matter that has gone on to another program (and been at subsequent programs) should be fired because some fellow employee slapped his wife around back 4-8 years ago at a totally different program they were not in charge of? Do you know how dumb that sounds? Snowflake much?

And this is not a Herman thing...it is the ridiculousness of social media and the liberal media's witch hunts for everything in many different facets...and what folks should lose their job for. Seems like every time you turn around the media or special interest groups are calling for someone's job.....and now we have folks suggesting people working at the same time, who are innocent bystanders and (don't beat their wife), should get fired too...LMAO...really? Used to be a saying "mind your own **** business" back in the day...now folks think you should get fired if don't you stick your nose into a fellow employees' family life or business?
read the whole thread and get caught up, maxwell.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:33 PM   #72
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Default Urban Meyer

Quote:
I'm in agreement..I think the right person already lost his job. Maybe it should have been sooner and maybe it should be the person in charge of hiring and firing too (maybe)....but his fellow employees should be immune to the witch hunts

When you dumb it down to what you and I do for a living itís pretty simple. You also have to let the justice system run its course on some things.

I think something happened at Duke a few years back that ruined a lot of peopleís lives.

Last edited by Black Ice; 08-06-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:39 PM   #73
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
read the whole thread and get caught up, maxwell.

I have Hillary....I still don't think they should be responsible for anything a employee did when they are two programs down the line. But I'm no snowflake..

Plus we don't know who reported and who didn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
When you dumb it down to what you and I do for a living itís pretty simple.

Try explaining that to lightning up above.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:37 AM   #74
monsterspike
Eight Point

[QUOTE=Smart;13532607]I have Hillary....I still don't think they should be responsible for anything a employee did when they are two programs down the line. But I'm no snowflake..

okay king. if you read it, you should already know that i was mocking your court, with their exact sentiments against osu, prior to the beloved horns being brought into the fray.

now that the dear horns are under scrutiny, {under the same exact moral charges of simply wives knowing} its crickets in here, of course. with the exception of your standard half cocked understanding.

the words are theirs, so feel free to call them out with snowflake insults, O dear and just king.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:31 AM   #75
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Quote:
Youíre right. Where does the witch hunt end? Does it trickle down to the ball boys? Players?

I bet zeke knew. Letís give him a full season suspension now!!
12RingKing is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #76
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Speaking of Zeke. His father lead a rally in support of Meyer. You can't make this stuff up.
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #77
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Speaking of Zeke. His father lead a rally in support of Meyer. You can't make this stuff up.
I would imagine he feels that Zeke was innocent of the abuse charges.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #78
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
okay king. if you read it, you should already know that i was mocking your court, with their exact sentiments against osu, prior to the beloved horns being brought into the fray.

now that the dear horns are under scrutiny, {under the same exact moral charges of simply wives knowing} its crickets in here, of course. with the exception of your standard half cocked understanding.

the words are theirs, so feel free to call them out with snowflake insults, O dear and just king.
LOL. Keep diggin, Watson!
Old 08-07-2018, 08:38 AM   #79
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
No one at Ohio State cares about thatÖ Can he win them football games? That's all that will matter to them.
See Jim Tressel

See Woody Hayes

Our Heroes have been let go. It happens, and we get another great one.
jer_james is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 08:41 AM   #80
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Yup keep crawfishing.....
Old 08-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #81
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RingKing View Post
Youíre right. Where does the witch hunt end? Does it trickle down to the ball boys? Players?

I bet zeke knew. Letís give him a full season suspension now!!
I don't think these kids fully understand "chain of command"...

And just for the sake of clarification, if Herman violated some rule, then he can/should deal with the discipline.

But the mere suggestion that someone could be fired for a reporting violation their boss potentially commited 2 or 3 jobs ago is nothing short of moronic. You're trying to hard...
Old 08-07-2018, 09:05 AM   #82
drbonner
Eight Point

Hunt In: Shelby County and Kansas

Quote:

I agree on it being a witch hunt. No... I don't agree with how it was handled or with what the assistant coach did but still.....It seems like all the media does these days is dig and dig to find anything possible to break a story to get somebody fired these days and sell clicks.
Actually the woman went to police in Ď15 and reported stuff that had been going on for a couple of years. It didnít just allegedly happen in Ď15, thatís just when she went to the police.
drbonner is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 09:14 AM   #83
drbonner
Eight Point

Quote:
I don't think these kids fully understand "chain of command"...

And just for the sake of clarification, if Herman violated some rule, then he can/should deal with the discipline.

But the mere suggestion that someone could be fired for a reporting violation their boss potentially commited 2 or 3 jobs ago is nothing short of moronic. You're trying to hard...
If that is the case shouldnít Texas A&M fire Jimbo and pay him his guaranteed $75million since he was involved in covering up Winston's rape allegations at Florida State, or his lobster thieving? Fisher was right in the middle of that, delved out no punishment all in the sake of winning. Jimbo hasnít even signed his contract yet and should be fired
Old 08-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #84
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonner View Post
If that is the case shouldnít Texas A&M fire Jimbo and pay him his guaranteed $75million since he was involved in covering up Winston's rape allegations at Florida State, or his lobster thieving? Fisher was right in the middle of that, delved out no punishment all in the sake of winning. Jimbo hasnít even signed his contract yet and should be fired
One glaring difference to me, is that Jimbo was the boss in that situation....so it should land more at his feet. But they should have issued whatever discipline they were going to, then.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #85
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

In 2009, Zach Smith, an assistant coach at the University of Florida at the time, was arrested by the Gainesville Police Department after aggravated battery of a pregnant victim.

I mean they had enough to arrest him. You dont really get arrested if their isnt any proof, right?

I want to say that Urban Meyer is the highest paid government employee in the state. When he is winning footbawl games, he is basically more powerful than the governor.

Urban made the comment in public, it doesnt matter who he was addressing. It was a bold faced lie about a women beater on his staff.

ďI canít say it didnít happen because I wasnít there,Ē Meyer said about the 2015 incident. ď I was never told about anything, never anything came to light, never had a conversation about it, so I know nothing about that.Ē
batmaninja is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #86
drbonner
Eight Point

Quote:
One glaring difference to me, is that Jimbo was the boss in that situation....so it should land more at his feet. But they should have issued whatever discipline they were going to, then.
Was talking more about getting fired at your current job over something that allegedly happened at your previous job.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:37 AM   #87
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbonner View Post
Was talking more about getting fired at your current job over something that allegedly happened at your previous job.

NCAA could potentially discipline, I suppose. But they can't fire him from ATM....weird deal.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #88
clayree
Six Point

If they let him go he will be gobbled up quickly by another program. Bottom line is that he wins.
clayree is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #89
elhefe
Ten Point

Witch hunt at its finest. I think Urban Meyer is a slime ball. His history of win at all costs followed him from Florida. I'm a die hard Penn State fan so regardless of all my bias, Meyer should not be fired.
elhefe is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #90
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Now Courtney Smith’s lawyer is saying Ohio State has never even contacted her regarding the allegations. How in the world can a University conduct an investigation without talking to the victim. This seems to be getting worse and worse for Ohio State.
aggie2000tx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #91
Dru
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Now Courtney Smithís lawyer is saying Ohio State has never even contacted her regarding the allegations. How in the world can a University conduct an investigation without talking to the victim. This seems to be getting worse and worse for Ohio State.
My wife has some bat **** crazy friends but if any of them were in an abusive relationship for a month, a year or longer she would do whatever it took to help her regardless of what it cost. I'm not saying Courtney Smith is lying but I can not believe Urban's wife or any other woman would stand by and let this go on as long as it did. Something does not add up here. They have been put in a situation to either take responsibility or throw their wives under the bus. I watched the interview with the reporter who broke the story and it appeared he was only concerned with being known as the guy who brought Urban down. Is there any history between the two?
Dru is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 12:15 PM   #92
BeerMe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Now Courtney Smithís lawyer is saying Ohio State has never even contacted her regarding the allegations. How in the world can a University conduct an investigation without talking to the victim. This seems to be getting worse and worse for Ohio State.
Another point of concern is that UM sent staff to convince Courtney to NOT press charges. That was while at Florida, but I think the sum of the facts, over time, demonstrate some level of cover up by the coach.
BeerMe is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #93
BeerMe
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru View Post
My wife has some bat **** crazy friends but if any of them were in an abusive relationship for a month, a year or longer she would do whatever it took to help her regardless of what it cost. I'm not saying Courtney Smith is lying but I can not believe Urban's wife or any other woman would stand by and let this go on as long as it did. Something does not add up here. They have been put in a situation to either take responsibility or throw their wives under the bus. I watched the interview with the reporter who broke the story and it appeared he was only concerned with being known as the guy who brought Urban down. Is there any history between the two?
I agree with your take on the reporter, heís not in this out of compassion. There is a juicy story to be had from his perspective.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #94
BeerMe
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhefe View Post
Witch hunt at its finest. I think Urban Meyer is a slime ball. His history of win at all costs followed him from Florida. I'm a die hard Penn State fan so regardless of all my bias, Meyer should not be fired.
I agree, I still donít think he will fired. I think he will end up resigning, and collecting a handsome buyout in the process.

He will coach again, this is different from the Briles situation.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #95
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
I agree with your take on the reporter, heís not in this out of compassion. There is a juicy story to be had from his perspective.
I think what got the reporter ticked is the way Meyer spoke to him at Media Days when he asked the question. Supposedly it was very demeaning and insulting.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #96
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
I think what got the reporter ticked is the way Meyer spoke to him at Media Days when he asked the question. Supposedly it was very demeaning and insulting.

I don't blame Meyer or any coach who talks like that to the slimeballs that ask questions these days..
Old 08-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #97
quackerback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: down the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Seriously??? You donít see the difference between concealing the rape of female students by athletes compared to a grown woman who willingly stayed in an abusive marriage.

You might get to the eye doc, your perspective is off
No I donít see the difference. Meyer should have fired the guy instead of turning a blind eye.
quackerback is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 02:08 PM   #98
monsterspike
Eight Point

this nazi brown shirt army tactic, that the ncaa, and others are using is flippin' insane. if you have a buddy, that is married to a cray cray, {who freakin' doesnt!} you now have to announce, publicly, to the media, that your buddy is beating her, {even tho youve never seen it happen}? and you know the story has two 180 sides!??

this is america now!? throw your buddy under the train, or shoulder the fallout of the situation??

i aint tellin' the camera. screw that. you guys do what you want. as far as i know, him and that woman have a licence to fight.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #99
yaqui
Ten Point

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

Quote:
No one at Ohio State cares about thatÖ Can he win them football games? That's all that will matter to them.

No one at INSERT SCHOOL NAME HERE... cares about thatÖ Can he win them football games? That's all that will matter to them.
yaqui is offline   Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #100
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerback View Post
No I donít see the difference. Meyer should have fired the guy instead of turning a blind eye.
Why?? Would a guy get fired at your place of employment if he knocked his wife around but there were no criminal allegations? Likely not, at least not for that reason, they might look for job related causes in order to get rid of him.

There is a huge difference between young student athletes getting raped and a subsequent cover up compared to a woman who chose to stay in an abusive relationship for 4 years. Leave his *** or shut up....
Playa is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread