Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do in DFW after a 2pm Rangers Game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do in DFW after a 2pm Rangers Game ?

I was looking for some advice on where to take a small group of people for a fun evening after an afternoon Rangers game. Will have a mixed crowd, most will enjoy a few beverages, some will want to call it a night early, the rest of us will probably stay up til they send us home.

Maybe a restaurant/bar/club type of area where we can explore.
    Any suggestions?

Pete's piano bar....get a reservation though!!

Comment

BOBBY V'S in Arlington. It has some great bar food. Great atmosphere and some history as well.

Comment

We were thinking of hitting up Pete's the night before the game. Then recover the next morning before the game.

Comment

the clubhouse!

Comment

Pete's is a blast.

Comment

Where are you staying?

I would suggest coming to Fort Worth as you have a ton of options with West 7th, Down Town and the Stockyards.

My pick would be Tim Love's Woodshed Link out on the Trinity River enjoying the afternoon.

Comment

I have never been to Pete's but my wife went on her bachelorette party and had a blast. I'm not one to get up on stage, which sounds like what they make you do, but maybe if I have enough cold ones before hand I will be ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  Where are you staying?

I would suggest coming to Fort Worth as you have a ton of options with West 7th, Down Town and the Stockyards.

My pick would be Tim Love's Woodshed Link out on the Trinity River enjoying the afternoon.
                  We haven't booked the hotels for that night, so I'm trying to figure out where we will be heading after the game for the evening festivities and get a hotel in that area. We are all 20-something married couples and just need a good place to be from about 7pm until closing time.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff-fro View Post
                    We haven't booked the hotels for that night, so I'm trying to figure out where we will be heading after the game for the evening festivities and get a hotel in that area. We are all 20-something married couples and just need a good place to be from about 7pm until closing time.
                    I'd stay at the Hyatt in the stockyards. You'll find fun and cold beer. You'd also be in walking distance from the stockyards to the hotel. You'd also be a short cab ride to downtown if y'all wanted to go to the piano bar.

Comment

Take them to Medieval Times...food, wenches, and some jousting and swordplay...what more could you ask for?!?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff-fro View Post
                        If it was me, I would stay at the Hyatt in the Stockyards. This gives your group great places to eat dinner (H3, Joe T's) and put you walking distance to all the bars and dance halls in the Stockyards with good music (White Elephant, Basement, Thirsty Armadillo, Cadillac's, Billy Bobs).

Since you are mid-20's, I think West 7th St. would also be a great option. I would stay at the Residence Inn Fort Worth. There are a ton of places to eat (Fred's, Tillmans, Fireside, Brownstone) with great bar options (Freds, MML, Rooster, Pour House, Lola's, Bar Louie, Capital Bar).

When you are coming? Fort Worth has some great live music so you could catch a great show at either the Stockyards or West 7th.

We always take cabs from Fort Worth to the Ball Park. It is about $50 with 4 or 5 people in the cab one way. You don't have to pay to park, they drop you off right at front, pick you up right at front (they have tons of cabs waiting after the game). This is a great option so you don't have to worry about driving, parking, and just enjoying the game.

Comment

I looked at the Hyatt, one website didn't want to let me get a room for just that 1 night, another would allow it for about $240 per room. That's a little beyond my budget for a room I probably won't spend 6 hours in. I'll check into the Residence Inn.

Medieval times was mentioned by someone in the group, will look into that for a meal option but probably wouldn't be a place to stay all evening would it?

Comment

We will be there during Memorial Day weekend. Going to the Rangers game on Saturday May 26th at 2pm. Probably going to stay in Addison on Beltline on Friday night, hit up Pete's Piano Bar and some of the good food in that area.

Comment

The food at Medievel isn't very good. The show is worth seeing once, IMHO.

Heath and Keegle have given you sound advice!

Comment

Working...
                              X