How to become a bow tecnician?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to become a bow tecnician?

I have just recently got into archery and bought my first bow this past Christmas. I was wondering if anyone knows how these guys at pro shops become bow technicians. It is very interesting to me and I'm tired of going to the pro shop where I live for the littlest things when I could probably do it at home. I don't really trust myself to watch YouTube videos and try and fix stuff myself. Plus I the only equipment I have is a bow wrench. I'm really wanting to learn all this stuff one day and hopefully work in a pro shop aside from my regular job. I've also even thought about asking the pro shop where I live maybe for a internship kinda thing to learn it all. Do any of the bow companies offer technician/ proper shooting form classes where you can pay to go to them and maybe get a certification? I'm just looking for some hands on work with my bow and practice instead of trying to learn it all by watching videos and screwing something up. Any help would be great

Where are you located?

Comment

And welcome to the green screen!!!

Comment

In San antonio

Comment

I have heard in the past that the PSE school was pretty good.

THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS... Thanks to PSE’s newly-designed riser geometry, the Shootdown Pro deftly exceeds the high performance, repeatability, and holding standards that target shooters need to compete at a high level, while also delivering the speed and comfort bowhunters need to get the job done on the hunt. SEE THE SHOOTDOWN PRO

Comment

Welcome to the Green Screen.

Comment

Fill out an application at Gander Mountain and BAM! You're a bow technician

Comment

That's funny txjim. I guess I won't be going to gander mountain for bow problems

Comment

Experience. Years of experience.

Comment

ttt

Comment

maybe try to go to your local shop and hang out and pay attention. offer to sweep/clean/whatever for hanging out.

Comment

This is a great question. I'd like to learn more myself. I'll dive right into a gun confidently and w/ no worries that I'll screw it up. I'm pretty timid when it comes to my bows. That timidity comes from lack of knowledge....something I'd love to improve upon. I just don't really know how to progress. I shoot pretty well, but would love to know how to more about working on my bows and tuning them to perfection.

Comment

Buy a press and start tinkering
                          Seriously!!

Comment

I spent a lot of time at Live Oak Archery while in college up at A&M. Learned more just sitting and listening than I could have watching YouTube videos.

That being said, I did do YouTube to learn things like how to tie in a peep sight or how to make the knots for a d-loop or how to install sights or a rest. Easy stuff with very little setup.

Tuning and such is best learned by trial and error, because after getting ticked and having to undo all the changes you made, you learn that small adjustments are always better and you should always read the entire section of nuts and bolts before diving into tunin.

Oh, and read nuts and bolts of archery. Awesome stuff in there

Comment

I got started by hanging out and becoming friends with the guys at Archery pro shops years ago and started helping out and learning as ya go. Then they started having me work part time wich turned to full time.
                              I've worked at two pro shops in DFW area and it's been a great worth of knowledge. First thing to learn is how to re string a bow. There are so many different models and designs. There all different but a great way to learn the mechanics.

Comment

Working...
                              X