Badger bow kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badger bow kill

Well my wife and I got a glimpse of her last night behind our house. I also had been seeing big holes dug around my boat and around the barn but didn’t realize what animal it was that made it until last night. I knew she had to be out tonight and sure enough I got home tonight and there she was under my boat digging. I ran and grabbed my boat and shot her at 10 yards. Definitely my most unique and best bow kills period!
    Sorry for the crappy pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job Dave, we need to get together again soon its been too long. Make them Bishop Badgers scared to go around Concordia!!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal, but I have to ask, what poundage is your "boat"? and how do you hold it up to shoot? LOL

Got one in Dec that I am going to have mounted. Neat looking critters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Good deal, but I have to ask, what poundage is your "boat"? and how do you hold it up to shoot? LOL

Got one in Dec that I am going to have mounted. Neat looking critters.
        I was aboat to ask the same thing.

Comment

Haha meant “bow” sorry fellas but yeah a boat would be tough to hold up

Comment

That is a really cool trophy in my book. They are around where I hunt but I have only had the chance to photograph one and found 2 in fence snares in 60 years of hunting..!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

See them regularly in North Texas. Beautiful animal.

Comment

I am surprised the Badger didn’t chew the arrow up, spit it out, and then rush in for an attack. LOL. Mean critters when cornered. Nice shooting.

Comment

Yeah they are very cool animals. I figured it be cool to shoot it with my “bow”

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                      I am surprised the Badger didn’t chew the arrow up, spit it out, and then rush in for an attack. LOL. Mean critters when cornered. Nice shooting.

I’m pretty sure I was more scared for my life than she was. They are pretty tough critters

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
                        Yeah they are very cool animals. I figured it be cool to shoot it with my “bow”

Absolutely. A trophy that most never even catch a glimpse of. I have only seen two in my lifetime. I figured both of those were lucky events.

Comment

We had an explosion of badgers at our lease on the Kent/Stonewall county line between Jayton and Rotan. Only seen 2 badgers in about 15 years there and that was on the road. This past season, we had badgers at every feeder. They will eat corn like deer. First time I had ever seen a badger not on the road and they were regulars when the feeder went off. Deer were not bothered, but hogs did not like them being around.
                          Last edited by Mudslinger; 03-24-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X