Citori project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citori project

Found a Citori plus skeet/trap gun that has a lot of issues with the finish. Was thinking of getting it cerakoted. Wanted to send it to Arts but he wants like 1000 bucks to refinish just the metal.

Basically it was in a browning vault case and kept somewhere hot. All the foam melted to the gun and is taking the finish off of it everywhere it's touched. The person before me chipped some off the receiver but that's as far as its been touched. Woods going to need redone too.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I want it to be around for my boy in case he wants to get into skeet/trap some day but it's kind of a specialized gun (32inch ported barrels and recoil reducer) so I can't see putting 1000 dollars into the restoration of what will probably be a safe queen.

U can often find citori parts on eBay. I'd start there...I know a guy he's in east tx now, but I'm sure his number is still good. He can refinish the wood and does a killer job. Another suggestion is take a polishing wheel, like on a bench grinder, and try to use it to knock off the damage.

Comment

Or you can buy my Citori and call it good

Comment

I appreciate it. I don't think it needs any parts... I have stripped it and put it back together and everything is functioning... It's just dog ugly. If you could PM me his info if appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
          Or you can buy my Citori and call it good

How about we trade even up?

Comment

*snicker*... I can't help it...

Comment

Sent u the guy i used number. He did my wood in a low no gloss hunters satin stain. It's top notch

Comment

OK thank you sir. Does anyone else have any ideas on some good Reblue/Cerakoted people in the cypress area?

Comment

Where are you located? There’s a guy in Buda that does good work for great prices. (Cerakote)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would call Accu-smith Gunsmithing down in Richmond for the wood refinishing, (832) 620-5815 (www.accusmith.com). They were referred to me by the guys at Autonomous Armory in The Woodlands, who I would not hesitate to recommend for the cerakoting ((832) 356-3341; 832) 356-3341).
                    Last edited by Etxbuckman; 03-23-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X