Scheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheels?

I just saw where they are going to build a 325,000 sf Scheels store in the Colony, not far from where I live. I have never heard of them. Are they like a BPS or Cabelas?

Yes more like a Cabela’s/Academy

I don’t for see them doing well here. It would be nice if they had a full western hunting and boot section like they do up north but I don’t see that happening

Comment

Like a D*ck’s.
      We went to one in Billings and it was pretty nice.

Comment

There popular up north, had one where i grew up in south dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          Like a D*ck’s.
          We went to one in Billings and it was pretty nice.

I went to one in Billings as well. Before my elk hunt. Pretty cool store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like they want to make it a "destination".

Visit The Colony SCHEELS and shop a great selection of clothing and sporting goods. From fishing to fashion, The Colony SCHEELS has something for everyone. SCHEELS

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
              Sounds like they want to make it a "destination".

https://www.scheels.com/the-colony.html
              I went to one on Reno and I’d say is most like Cabelas.

Comment

Maybe it will take over the Cabelas customers....who need a place to go since Cabelas is going down hill. I've been in the one in Fargo, ND. Pretty nice stores.

Comment

Lincoln & Omaha have Scheels they have excellent winter wear

Comment

I think they will do well, carry a wide variety of quality, brands and prices, carry Mathews as well.

Comment

If Scheels catches on down here, Academy better watch out.

Comment

Great store! Chain from up north. Visited the Fargo store in Jan when I was up ice fishing. Cabelas for the most part. Not like Dicks IMO....Dicks is the last sporting goods store I’d go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                          Great store! Chain from up north. Visited the Fargo store in Jan when I was up ice fishing. Cabelas for the most part. Not like Dicks IMO....Dicks is the last sporting goods store I’d go to.
                          I guess some are different. I don't recall the one I went to having a big gun department. And they had a lot of team sports equipment and casual wear like D*cks.
                          The D*cks in Cedar Park has huge gun and archery departments.

Comment

New one in Fargo is three levels. Has mounts and landscaping like cabelas. Huge gun dept. all summer and winter fishing gear. They do have a lot of apparel.

Comment

Having more options is always a good thing.

Due to proximity to other pro shops, I don’t see them having any of the larger pro shop-only bow brands.

Comment

Working...
                              X