Echo Chainsaw Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo Chainsaw Question

Anyone own or have ran the Echo Timberwolf CS-590 saw? If so, how do you like it? Looking to get a new saw ASAP and found this saw to have a good price and some decent reviews.

I’ve always been a Stihl guy, but there is a $350 price difference between the two comparable models, and I won’t be using my next saw as much as I’ve used my Stihl in the past. My 20 year old Stihl Farm Boss crapped the bed on me.

Thanks

Skinny

Don't have that model but we went Echo about 10 years ago and haven't looked back.

Two saws, weadeater, brush saw, and blower. Don't let us down.

Comment

Still and echo are both great, just make sure you are comparing like CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        Still and echo are both great, just make sure you are comparing like CC.

Yes both saws are right at 60 cc. $750 for the Stihl. $399 for the Echo. 20” bar.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
          Don't have that model but we went Echo about 10 years ago and haven't looked back.

Two saws, weadeater, brush saw, and blower. Don't let us down.

Thanks! I’ve ran several different brands of saws belonging to others...always liked my Stihl better...but I think their prices are ridiculous.

Skinny

Comment

like Yeti and Rtic. both are good at what they do one just charges more than the other

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
              like Yeti and Rtic. both are good at what they do one just charges more than the other

Yessir. More interested in the performance of the saw.

Skinny

Comment

Run the pre mixed gas in it and it should serve you just fine.

-------------------------------
                Violence never settles anything
                -Genghis Kahn

Comment

I have that exact saw, it is a beast. Been running it for 2.5 yrs with no problems. I only use the ethanol free fuel in the cans from home Depot that has the stabilizer in it too.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                    I have that exact saw, it is a beast. Been running it for 2.5 yrs with no problems. I only use the ethanol free fuel in the cans from home Depot that has the stabilizer in it too.

Thank you!

Skinny

Comment

Another all echo owner here, we also use the ethanol free pre-mix fuel with good results. They've all been very trouble free equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        Anyone own or have ran the Echo Timberwolf CS-590 saw? If so, how do you like it? Looking to get a new saw ASAP and found this saw to have a good price and some decent reviews.

I’ve always been a Stihl guy, but there is a $350 price difference between the two comparable models, and I won’t be using my next saw as much as I’ve used my Stihl in the past. My 20 year old Stihl Farm Boss crapped the bed on me.

Thanks

Skinny
                        Look at your statement. 20 years! Don't get me wrong I like echo, if youre only going to use it a couple of times a year for a few trees, it will do a good job. My neighbor has one and it is a beast. They start easily every time. Now if you plan on using them often and strenuous i would no doubt buy a stihl. The echo will do what you need but alot of use will wear them out. I have a landscape company and it is the same way with weedeaters and what not. Every piece of small equipment i have is stihl. All depends on how much you use them!

Comment

Not the same model your looking at but run a CS-450p and it has been great. No issues and starts great. Echo builds a good saw.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                            Look at your statement. 20 years! Don't get me wrong I like echo, if youre only going to use it a couple of times a year for a few trees, it will do a good job. My neighbor has one and it is a beast. They start easily every time. Now if you plan on using them often and strenuous i would no doubt buy a stihl. The echo will do what you need but alot of use will wear them out. I have a landscape company and it is the same way with weedeaters and what not. Every piece of small equipment i have is stihl. All depends on how much you use them!

Yes. Very happy with the way that Stihl performed and lasted...but I’m living on roughly 60 acres now instead of over 400. That being said, I will not be using my next saw near as much. About to build a house and am clearing the site myself so I need a decent saw. I have a new Stihl pole saw. That thing is nice but gotta get a saw for bigger trees since the Farm Boss quit on me.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                              Yes. Very happy with the way that Stihl performed and lasted...but I’m living on roughly 60 acres now instead of over 400. That being said, I will not be using my next saw near as much. About to build a house and am clearing the site myself so I need a decent saw. I have a new Stihl pole saw. That thing is nice but gotta get a saw for bigger trees since the Farm Boss quit on me.

Skinny
                              I bought the saw that replaced the farm boss a couple years back, I love it and it will plain eat. I still think you need a stihl, you'll be happy you spent the money on it down the road. Especially if you have 60 acres. My dad has a 16" stihl thats 20 years old and it still runs, he cleared our property with it as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X