Does anyone use a Beretta A300 semi auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use a Beretta A300 semi auto

What are your thoughts on this shot gun. My wife gave me one for Christmas and I haven’t had a chance to go and shoot it.

No help but I am interested to hear input too. I keep wondering if I should splurge on the A400 or save $900 and get the A300

Comment

I shoot the 300, its an excellent gun. I was planning to buy the a 400, but I didn't think it was worth an extra $900 to shoot 4 inch shells, which I probably would never do. I use it for ducks and dove, absolutely love it.

Comment

The A300 does not compare to the A400 I have both. The a300 has to many parts to clean and I don't think it has the same gas system. I shoot sporting clays with my camo a400. I practice with 7/8oz reloads no other hunting gun that I own will do that. There is a rubber O ring in the gas cylinder you need to watch out for itbecause it will come out when you are cleaning the gun.

Comment

They're good guns for sure, but definitely not in the same ballpark as the 350 or 400. I have a friend that got one and 2 others that have the A350 and I got the A400 last year. Won't ever give up my A400 for anything else though, I can promise you that

Comment

I have quite a few older Beretta A300's, and I love them. Very great guns, I think.

Comment

I bought the A300 outlander during the ****'s sale. Have only used it a couple of times so far since then but have to say I really like it. Couldn't bring myself to buy the A400 for the extra 900

Comment

I have the A400 and love it! That said, if i was going to get the lesser model, I'd get the A350 so i could shoot 3.5 inch shells if need be.

Comment

The 300 will only shoot up to 3 inch shells.
                  Last edited by texashunter; 01-05-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                    I shoot the 300, its an excellent gun. I was planning to buy the a 400, but I didn't think it was worth an extra $900 to shoot 4 inch shells, which I probably would never do. I use it for ducks and dove, absolutely love it.
                    I meant to say never shoot 3.5 inch shells, don't know where the 4 inch stuff came from

Comment

Good information

Comment

Bought my 10yr old one a few months ago since he is shooting a lot on the 4H trap and skeet team. I think it is one heck of a shotgun. The all black synthetic is $571 from Buds. He has put ~1200 rounds (1oz trap loads and 3" 1 1/4" steel) through it so far and all we have done is wipe the outside down. Not a single FTF or FTE.

I'm not a believer in 3.5" shells so I see no value add in that capability. The A300 uses the same gas system as the old 391 and no one had any issues with that gun. If you are a good enough shooter to make use of the $900-$1000 difference in the A400 you are a bad dude as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I have an A300 and love it for the money.

Comment

I’m happy with it , it’s a big jump from a Remington 870. I was just wondering how it shot. I like to shoot dove and quail so I think it will be ok for that. If I was gonna go duck hunting then maybe I would need the A400.

Comment

Originally posted by txarrows View Post
                              I’m happy with it , it’s a big jump from a Remington 870. I was just wondering how it shot. I like to shoot dove and quail so I think it will be ok for that. If I was gonna go duck hunting then maybe I would need the A400.
                              No idea why you would need the 400 for ducks.

Comment

Working...
                              X