Life After Lonesome Dove...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life After Lonesome Dove...

What's a man to do now? I feel like I have so much more to learn from this movie.. I've got a yearning inside of me now for more.

Is there a second one? Is it any good?

Hate to admit it but I think that's the first time I've ever seen the whole movie. I remember small parts as a kid but that's it.

Lots of wine and late nights trying to complete the movie. I love me a good western and this one was epic. Can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to it.

Is there anything else worth living for now that it's over? Anyone wanna herd some cattle to Montana? I got a horse.

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

Is there anything else worth living for now that it's over?
    A good poke

Comment

Now you need to watch;

Return to Lonesome Dove
      Streets of Laredo
      Dead Mans Walk

Comment

Lol it’s the best movie ever made! I watched the whole thing yesterday for the millionth time while my wife and I were being lazy. For some reason she doesn’t appreciate that I can quote every line in the movie...

Comment

Originally posted by CP121 View Post
          Lol it’s the best movie ever made! I watched the whole thing yesterday for the millionth time while my wife and I were being lazy. For some reason she doesn’t appreciate that I can quote every line in the movie...
          Bark back with :don't buck me woman"

Comment

Man who wouldn’t cheat for a poke, just don’t want a poke bad enough!

Comment

I thought the book was great and the mini series " it's not a movie " was just ok and really kinda hokey. It is pre broke back mountain story about man love " albert mohler has covered the subject extremely in depth in some articles "
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-04-2017, 11:18 PM.

Comment

I lost count of how many times I have watched it. I have slept with it on twice as many times. I have a VCR tape that has the whole 6 hour movie on it. With a DVD, it's multiple discs. It is a staple in my camper at the deer lease. Played it every night I was there. Infuriated my wife.

Little trivia--What's the name of Newt's horse?

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                  I lost count of how many times I have watched it. I have slept with it on twice as many times. I have a VCR tape that has the whole 6 hour movie on it. With a DVD, it's multiple discs. It is a staple in my camper at the deer lease. Played it every night I was there. Infuriated my wife.

Hell b*tch? At least that's what I thought he called Call's horse when it was given to Newt.
                  Last edited by HoustonHunter; 12-04-2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

Is there anything else worth living for now that it's over? Anyone wanna herd some cattle to Montana? I got a horse.

Sure there is brother (although I know this post is in jest lol). I first watched it with my grandpa on a 4 box set I believe it was out at our place on VHS and a 12" screen. The idea of it all remains, and will continue to. If anything it will become stronger through the years
                    Last edited by TexMax; 12-04-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post

Mouse

Than he Clara gifted him was named Candy

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Now you need to watch;

Return to Lonesome Dove
                        Streets of Laredo
                        Dead Mans Walk
                        This. Not as good as the original but worth watching

Comment

Mouse

Comment

You can always read some of McMurtry's books. Some others made into movies also. Only thing I don't like (spoiler alert) he has a tendancy of killing off his good guy or gal main characters (protaganists?) The last picture show / Texasville series turns comedic in later books, Jeff Bridges does good work.
                            A couple of the books more modern day westerns depicting life and ranching around Archer City.

Comment

It's a lot shorter, but there's this....

Larry McMurtry based a lot of the story on true events, mostly about Charles Goodnight and Oliver Loving (Goodnight-Loving Trail). This book is a huge compilation of stories written by the men who were cowboys on the trail drives of the the 1880s. It's a very interesting book to read. Some of the stories are just a paragraph or two. Some of the writers were more wordy (kinda like on TBH). But the stories are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X