AR 15 trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR 15 trigger

Hey guys, I've got a Ruger sr556 AR. The trigger is horrible, guessing 8lb or more. I've looked online and talked to a few fellow shooters but still in the dark. I do not shoot competitively, and don't shoot the AR a lot. But I like to hunt w it and have fun on the bench. I can't justify spending a few hundred dollars on one but would like a nice, crisp 3 to 4 lb pull. There are a lot of brands to choose from. I'm not sure if I would like the 2 stage type, but then again, I've never shot one, so not ruling it out. The cheapest I've seen while maintaining quality is Rock River arms, appx $89. It only comes in 2 stage. Any recommendations on this trigger, or others? As stated, not going to spend over the $150 mark. Thanks.

There are some people on here with tons of knowledge to help you out. I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

I have a couple of CMC 3.5 lb drop in triggers that I really like. I also have a Hyper 24 2.5 lb trigger that I love. But both are a little more than you are willing to pay. I prefer a single stage trigger but that is a personal opinion.

As I said someone will have the information you're looking for.

JC

Comment

AR 15 trigger

You can pick up a CMC for less than 150. Just put one in a tiger lower for my ar and man that thing is sweet. Next to zero creep and most people say it breaks below 3lbs even though it says 3.5

Comment

Thanks.
        I looked at cmc, seems good. Definitely a bonus being a Texas company!

Comment

Dumb question I'm sure, but what is the difference in 1 and 2 stage?

Comment

The single stage is like a standard trigger, just continue pulling till it fires.
            The 2 stage has a 2lb or so pull till it breaks, then can hold or continue on w another 2lb pull and it fires. Supposedly it allows you make last second adjustments in breathing, or if target moving etc. Similiar to the savage accu trigger in a round about way.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
              The single stage is like a standard trigger, just continue pulling till it fires.
              The 2 stage has a 2lb or so pull till it breaks, then can hold or continue on w another 2lb pull and it fires. Supposedly it allows you make last second adjustments in breathing, or if target moving etc. Similiar to the savage accu trigger in a round about way.
              For the money CMC is hard to beat in single stage. I don't like 2 stage.

Comment

I only run rock river.

Comment

I have been happy with my ALG ACT triggers. Have them in my duty weapons and my hunting weapons. Also just put one in my 10.5" SBR. Its mil spec trigger that is nib coated and a different coating on the sear or something but it is way better that a factory gritty trigger. Cant be beat for the cost of less than 50 bucks.

Comment

I have the rock river 2 stage varmint trigger. Very nice trigger 3.5-4#.

Comment

Larue MBT2S runs $124.99 if you can wait a little while. Or its around $199 if you want it shipped when you order it. Dang good 2 stage for the price

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger by Larue - Details, specs, manuals, images & videos, read the latest reviews or write your own

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by AndyRealtree; 02-10-2017, 04:43 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

You can do a trigger job for about 15 dollars that will improve the factory trigger about 80%, assuming a drop in is 100% improvement. After doing them on my guns I will probably never buy an aftermarket trigger for an AR again, unless I was building a precision type rifle. The trigger job wont be as good as a drop in unit or replacement group, but for the money it is very hard to beat.

Comment

I will look into that. I was under the impression you couldn't do much to the factory trigger on the ruger. I don't necessarily need a 3lb pull, but at least no more than 5lb. It has so much creep, and its heavy. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                            I will look into that. I was under the impression you couldn't do much to the factory trigger on the ruger. I don't necessarily need a 3lb pull, but at least no more than 5lb. It has so much creep, and its heavy. Thanks.
                            Google it, but it basically is JP reduced power springs (~$13), a set screw to reduce overtravel (50 cents), and bob the hammer (hacksaw or dremel).

Just bending the factory hammer spring and adding the set screw is a huge difference from factory. Good luck

This is on a standard AR/AR10, I assume that he ruger has a milspec style trigger

Comment

Just did this trigger job on a Ruger trigger, it now breaks at 3.5 lbs. If you screw up all you lose is fifty cents worth of springs. http://www.sargenthome.com/15_minute_ar_trigger_job.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X