Cellular Camera Reception Fix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular Camera Reception Fix!

Built new pen in a area that has 0-1 bar service and between -100 to -105 Db. Put up a directional yagi antenna and now have 3 to 4 bars and between -73 to -78 Db. For those you have always wanted a cellular trailcam but don't have any service in your hunting locations this is your fix.
    Attached Files

More details please!

Comment

X2

Comment

In for the details...

Comment

This set up works great in Mexico. From zero to almost full service.

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post

This set up works great in Mexico. From zero to almost full service.
              How much you paying a month for service internationally I've been wanting to do this so bad

Comment

Originally posted by Luck_of_the_Draw View Post
                More details please!
                Here is everything you need to get started. I ordered everything from wpsantennas.com. I used 1 1/4 emt conduit from Home Depot or lowes for the mast because it is very sturdy and the wind does not effect it at all. All these things I am going to list will work Coverts, HCO and Reconyx cell cams.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting, does it connect directly to the cell components in the camera, or boost the overall signal in the area?

Comment

In for info...:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Interesting, does it connect directly to the cell components in the camera, or boost the overall signal in the area?
                          It connects to your straight to your cell camera. You can actually use this same set-up connected to a repeater-booster amplifier which would require electricity to boost overall signal in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            It connects to your straight to your cell camera. You can actually use this same set-up connected to a repeater-booster amplifier which would require electricity to boost overall signal in the area.
                            Like this. Cell trail cameras would be a general waste for us due to lack of coverage, but this could make it possible.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              Hmmm... so if I set this puppy up with a repeater-booster amplifier at my house... I may be able to get decent cell phone coverage around my house?

How big of an area does the repeater booster cover?

thanx for the thread ...good info.

Comment

Working...
                              X