ow, Ow, OW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ow, Ow, OW!!!

Took the bows out to shoot a bit this afternoon and when I tried to draw, my bow arm elbow/top of forearm screamed at me. I shot 4 arrows and hung it up. It has been getting more and more sore over the past 3 months. I only shoot 3-4 days a week and not more than 20 arrows per session. Pulling 56 lbs. Guess it will be rifle for pigs for a while.

Gonna take a couple of weeks off and see if it improves and if not, it's off to the doc.

Bad news for sure. Go to the Doc before it gets worse. Ain’t no shame in pig poppin’

Comment

I usually start shooting 7 days a week and 50 arrows a session when that starts happening to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
        Took the bows out to shoot a bit this afternoon and when I tried to draw, my bow arm elbow/top of forearm screamed at me. I shot 4 arrows and hung it up. It has been getting more and more sore over the past 3 months. I only shoot 3-4 days a week and not more than 20 arrows per session. Pulling 56 lbs. Guess it will be rifle for pigs for a while.

Gonna take a couple of weeks off and see if it improves and if not, it's off to the doc.

that's called old age I can't shoot about eight arrows during one session
        I think you and I are about the same age I will be 72 in aug.
        I have a z extream and is pretty hard for me to pull 54lb got a haylon 6
        30ata and it is a little easer to pull same weight. Kind of wished I had got the haylon 32

At least we are still kicking

Comment

Try some biofreeze professional it helps .
          I see a crossbow in your future. Last year when I went to Lincoln ranch
          set up blind and tried to shoot my bow and couldn't pull it back
          I had my cross bow for back up and glad I had it with me

Comment

I dread this day. Keep us posted. Gotta suck

Comment

If you have tennis elbow, you're done for the next 6 months.

2016 I over did it kayaking one weekend. Pushed it the following weekend doing yardwork.

I had zero strength in my right arm, and the pain\discomfort was miserable. It took about 6 months for it to just go away.

Comment

Had similiar, went to a therapist type guy that owns a wellness store. He took my left forearm and massaged a nerve on top, it's kinda inline with your 3rd finger. When he did it, I was on my tip toes. He told me to massage that throughtout the day. Been two weeks now and I felt improvement after day 2. It's a nerve that runs down your forearm to your hand, also the one that causes a lot of other problems in hand and arm.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the pain.
                  Im only 28 years old and know all about it wayy to early. I cannot even fathom what it will be like when i make it to my 60’s and up.
                  Just got out the hospital yesterday for another lower back injury. And I’m pushing to recover for a ram hunt in April.

Comment

I did spend Saturday morning raking and spreading 10 yards of cedar mulch in the back yard so that may have contributed to things. We'll see. 6 months 'til bow season--

Comment

Had an amazing recovery---three days ago it began to get better, and within 36 hours it is now completely normal. Haven't tried shooting the bow yet--gonna give it another week or 10 days first, but I am happy, happy, happy.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                        Had an amazing recovery---three days ago it began to get better, and within 36 hours it is now completely normal. Haven't tried shooting the bow yet--gonna give it another week or 10 days first, but I am happy, happy, happy.
                        Great news.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

That darn raking!! I have a large yard and have to rake it twice this time of year. Same thing as your forearm, things do not feel right for a few days. Glad you are on the mend!

Comment

I have it right now, called tennis elbow, "lateral epicondylitis". Thats why i call it tennis elbow. Honestly, i wouldnt do any lifting,pulling,twisting,pulling for awhile.. let it heal..
                            I did alot of research and from what i read, it will be with us from now on.. My friend had it ,and said only surgery will fix it. Cortisone shots in my near future, but might help for awhile.. Good luck..

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
                              I have it right now, called tennis elbow, "lateral epicondylitis". Thats why i call it tennis elbow. Honestly, i wouldnt do any lifting,pulling,twisting,pulling for awhile.. let it heal..
                              I did alot of research and from what i read, it will be with us from now on.. My friend had it ,and said only surgery will fix it. Cortisone shots in my near future, but might help for awhile.. Good luck..
                              My thoughts too---whatever it is, it is an overuse issue in my mind so rest first of all, then test next. If it comes back to a level I can't tolerate (meaning I can't bow hunt) then I will be seeing the doc quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X