Anyone one a houseboat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone one a houseboat?

School me on houseboats pros and cons. Are there fees or taxes that you have to pay annually? Does it just depend on the lake? Is insurance insanely high? Thinking about buying one and would love to hear from someone with the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They float on water.... Sorry that's all I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's like a house....but, it's also like a boat.

Hope that helps.

Comment

It’s a buoyant dwelling . Sorry hope that helps

Comment

Correct me if I misunderstood anyone. So a houseboat is part house and part boat and it floats? I hope I was able to keep up with all of the information.

Comment

Just guessing but the fees for it will depend on where you keep it docked. I'm thinking insurance will fall under boat type and my guess expensive if you don't liv on the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
              Correct me if I misunderstood anyone. So a houseboat is part house and part boat and it floats? I hope I was able to keep up with all of the information.

This made me laugh I was thinking, man these guys are a wealth of knowledge.

I have always wanted to rent a houseboat up north on the Mississippi river and take a 3-4 day trip down river.

Comment

They are very enjoyable but expensive most charge by the ft. plus elect and water
                Must have ins. Then the cost of continuous repairs or updates but the biggest cost is
                food and beverages every time you go but other than that I loved mine

Comment

My brother pays about $14K a year for a couple of 50' slips for a houseboat and other boats. Big slips are expensive. 2 V-8s and generator, to keep in good shape requires maintenance $$'s and time.
                  Fun but a big hole in the water to throw money into.

Comment

Houseboat, the el Camino of the sea.

Comment

You will spend money on upkeep but will most likely save big on landscaping.

Comment

Anyone one a houseboat?

I can't imagine the upkeep, and unexpected expenses, I also can't imagine a better nights sleep. Houseboats are cool.

I also realize I'm no help.

Comment

Basically a floating trailer

Hope that helps

Comment

Stand in the cold shower and tear up 100 dollar bills and you will get the same sensation.

Comment

Me never one anything myself

Comment

Working...
                              X