X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad deal all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
      Wow. This makes me angry to know much of the rampage could have been stopped or at least interrupted
      Seems like this department failed the kids at that school as many as 40 times in the last few years. Along with the FBI they make a great case for CC in schools

Comment

Columbine was the root training for LEOs on active shooters. In a nutshell it taught us you do NOT wait. You find, engage the shooter. Pods of a 4 man team are best, yes that's the way its done in best case scenario.

It may not happen though. I keep thinking of how teachers and students have shielded others and taken a bullet for their peers. Maybe this guy missed his call to duty and what it means.

I hate this BS. I hate it even more that my wife and daughter are both teachers at public schools. These type of shootings will never cease. From here forth it will be in the spotlight. Where? Possibly in your city/town.

This isn't about being brave or a pat on the back. It is about 17 people dying when maybe just maybe one officer could have made the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          The school resource officer engaged Klebold and Harris almost immediately. He was in his vehicle on the other side if the school and didn’t hear the shots. When notified he moved into the school and engaged them.

The swat teams responding later set up a perimeter per their protocol at the time (not now) but the school officer on scene did not wait, went in alone, fired on the suspects and likely saved several lives.
          Close. The officer engaged them outside, where the shooting started. He called in, and a swat officer was there almost immediately, as he lived within blocks, and was at home. There were about 5-6 other deputies there within minutes, but swat officer wouldn't let deputies enter the school because he believed the hallways could be boobie trapped. The first officer who engaged obviously didn't save anyone, as the two punks shot people for another 49 minutes after he initially engaged them. I was less than 4 miles away, and my 4 kids were in Jeffco schools. To say there were some ****** off people is an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            How can he 'not release the video' - "possible ever".... FOIA would deem it public domain at this point...wouldn't it?
            Sincerely don't know...asking -- not questioning.
            Not taking up for the agency but I believe there is a possibility of criminal charges that could be forthcoming on the deputy. So that is more then likely why they will not release the video. Just me thinking out loud though.

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
              Trying not get this post off track with Columbine stuff. My point is (this is before my time) is that these guys on the Columbine call did what they trained, what they were supposed to do at the time. I know it seems simple now arm chair quarterbacking it now. But how would you feel after going through that, learning in hindsight you did things "wrong" and kids died.

Again things changed since then.
              This isn't off track. It's because of this that you are trained like you are now. And NO! That wasn't their training at the time. It's the fact that one officer THOUGHT he knew better than anyone else there, and wouldn't let officers enter and engage. Believe me, there were some very, very ****** off deputies as well. It was there worst nightmare listening to the carnage, while being out ranked and told to stand down. Columbine was horrific! Training should have change for active shooters, without a doubt.

Comment

And there is no telling what an Officer will do in a situation. I’ve been around a few. Most Officers that act as I would want to played similar scenes out to themselves and have their mind made up long before. I often go over what I will do in situations preparing myself mentally. Guys that don’t do this often freeze up

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Close. The officer engaged them outside, where the shooting started. He called in, and a swat officer was there almost immediately, as he lived within blocks, and was at home. There were about 5-6 other deputies there within minutes, but swat officer wouldn't let deputies enter the school because he believed the hallways could be boobie trapped. The first officer who engaged obviously didn't save anyone, as the two punks shot people for another 49 minutes after he initially engaged them. I was less than 4 miles away, and my 4 kids were in Jeffco schools. To say there were some ****** off people is an understatement.
                  I'm assuming your not a cop?

What your missing is thats they way cops were trained then, you can't say much other then it was one of the worst things our country had seen up until then. You can't and shouldn't blame them then this current one is different because, times and tactics have changed.

Who would of thought things would get so bad over the years, were todays tactics on entering a school for an active shooter is common place.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    How can he 'not release the video' - "possible ever".... FOIA would deem it public domain at this point...wouldn't it?
                    Sincerely don't know...asking -- not questioning.
                    That is not correct. It depends on state law but crime evidence does not have to be made public even under freedom of information. Under TX (only as an example) not only can criminal evidence be withheld from the public but some information is completely protected.

Comment

Would this be considered crime evidence?

Comment

The mans job or not, it takes a special kind of person to run head first in to a gun fight. I’m willing to bet that 95% of the people here and all over the internet talking trash about this guy would have turned and ran.
                        Yes it’s his job yes he swore to protect but when they are paying you 30-40k a year it’s going to be tough to find real warriors. Easy to say if that was me .... little bit different to be standing there when it goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          This isn't off track. It's because of this that you are trained like you are now. And NO! That wasn't their training at the time. It's the fact that one officer THOUGHT he knew better than anyone else there, and wouldn't let officers enter and engage. Believe me, there were some very, very ****** off deputies as well. It was there worst nightmare listening to the carnage, while being out ranked and told to stand down. Columbine was horrific! Training should have change for active shooters, without a doubt.
                          Yes there were, a lot of ****** off cops!

It's not the easiest thing to knowingly violate and order, a policy and do it all in front of a supervisor.
                          Last edited by tradslam; 02-22-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
                            Not taking up for the agency but I believe there is a possibility of criminal charges that could be forthcoming on the deputy. So that is more then likely why they will not release the video. Just me thinking out loud though.

The thought makes me cringe & not sure how hard it would be to live with if it's indeed as it seems...don't think I would want look at myself & creepy to even think about??

Makes you really feel like he could have made a difference if charges may be coming. Ick!!

Comment

Gotta get it right in your head before it happens.

Not only in an active shooter but many other situations.

Comment

Anyone in law enforcement knows there are officers that are scared. Those that won't come to aid in a time of need and will not do what needs to be done at the moment of truth. There is a nationwide shortage of law enforcement officers so there is no room to be more selective with the hires.

Comment

Working...
                                X