No announcement yet.

Famous Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was the Oklahoma State Fair in 1977 as a freshman in college with my date. We were leaving and walked by Roy Clark's touring bus and he was standing there smoking this huge cigar. My date asked him to autograph her arm and then she reached over and pinched his arm yanking out some of his arm hair. Now, that was weird!!! He just yelled and said, "Hey Honey."

I never went out with that chic again.

Comment

I met Shake ‘N Bake, Darton, Texas Black Cloud, and Public before. Not at the same time, of course.......

Comment

I spent some time with David Allen Coe on his tour bus after a concert. A lot of that memory is still foggy

Met George Foreman at his gym in Houston. I told him I thought I could whoop him. He said, "I believe you could son." He has the biggest hands I ever saw!

Earl Campbell a couple of times. He was always polite.

Met Hulk Hogan way back when he first became famous. He was a mountain of a man in person.

Comment

Growing up in Canton I met a lot of the hall of famers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tom Landry
            Bob Lilly
            Jerry Kramer
            Mickey Mantle
            Rodger Staubach (a-hole)
            Randy White
            Raymond Beadle
            Boz Skaggs
            David Allen Coe

Probably more.
            Last edited by Goldeneagle; 02-19-2018, 06:48 AM. Reason: Stupid computer.

Comment

I’m good friends with a few ex Cowboys from coaching their kids in football, baseball and basketball. Look for them on 2023-2024 college recruit post they should be 5 star recruits. Little Crayton, Hatcher and Goodrich. I have never seen a kid as fast as Dwayne Goodrich son, he broke a 80 yard run and the closest kid was 40 yards behind him, this kid has some wheels.

Comment

Jimmy Buffet----Alan Jackson----George Strait---Tommy Lee Jones---Guy Harvey---Greg Norman---Wild Bill off deadliest catch---Chipper Jones--Harvey Penick---Tom Kite --Ollie North
                few more that cant remember

Comment

I was watching the cars go though inspection at tms, a guy kinds bumped me on my right and apologized, all I saw when I glanced over was a leather jacket sleeve. I watched for 5-10 more minutes and when i turned to leave I realized i had been rubbing elbows with Richard Petty the whole time.

Comment

Troy Aikman (he's from my hometown)...William "The Refrigerator" Perry, Terry Don West. If anyone follows or did follow wrestling, my great aunt was the Fabulous Moolah.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                      Who's that? Looks familiar.
                      Looks like the biggest cry baby in poker, Phil Hellmuth.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Can you get me Smart's autograph? Maybe on a blank check.
                        Nothing personal but I’d rather have an autograph on a blank check from any of the others listed.

Comment

Living close to San Saba, it is very common to bump into Tommy Lee Jones. Met him first time at a gas station in Iraan, Texas. He was a complete jerk. Had a buddy working for him at the time. Run into him pretty regular at the steak house just outside of town. He's usually eating supper with his polo buddies from Argentina. Yep, still a jerk.

Comment

Robert Herjavek. Got to sit in his suite at a cowboys game when he was in town.

Dez Bryant. His son was playing football in my sons league. Dez was very nice and respectful... and he was amazingly patient with the line of people interrupting him while he was obviously trying to watch and cheer for his son.

Comment

I had no idea who this rap guy was at the time....bought a ticket on stub hub for the WS game 3 and it was for a suite..ended up being a well known Houston rapper Paul Wall. Had a blast and was surprised to have so much in common with a rapper! Lol
                              Also met most of the 80's and 90's Spurs.
                              George Straight many times.
                              Willie Nelson
                              Augie Meyers
                              Madelon Stowe
                              Sandra Bullock
                              Matthew McConaughey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                                Have you ever seen David hit a golf ball? Oh.my.
                                We ran into Murphy at the TBH Open at Fossil Creek this past year. There was another tournament being played that he was apart of.

Comment

Working...
                                X