No announcement yet.

austin work sick leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The city made themselves exempt from this law. How convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
      maybe its just me... maybe im crazy but getting paid for not workin just aint right
      As of the last pay period I have 557 hours of sick time. I could get paid for each and every hour. That does not include the 405 of combined comp and vacation time I have

Comment

This won't last long. Someone's attorney is already working on a lawsuit.

Comment

I would think that most places already give some kind of sick pay. I'm sure this is the minimum required and not added to what you would already get.

Comment

A big part of this is targeting the food industry.

Food employees don't get sick time. Unless you're management you don't get vacation. You show up to work, you get paid. You don't and you don't. Sick food workers contribute to many cases of food borne illness every year. They go to work sick, because they really don't have a choice.

Comment

There are several other liberal cities in the US that passed this a few years back. My bet as liberal as Austin local government is this will stick. And the suburbs outside of Austin's domain will see more growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                As of the last pay period I have 557 hours of sick time. I could get paid for each and every hour. That does not include the 405 of combined comp and vacation time I have
                that one hell of a pay check!!!

Comment

Need to change Austin's name to New California.

Comment

Just another blow to small business. Hope this back-fires and they run a bunch of businesses out of the city. Should be the employers option.....you don't like the benefit package find a new job that offers what you want. This will only increase the price of the product/service to the end user.

Comment

State already said there going to hammer Austin over several of there crazy libtard policy’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                        UC - Austin . . ie, Berkeley . . We gonna have to pick up the tab when they go broke? . .

That’s not likely to happen. UT is (or at least, was) one of the richest schools in the world.

University endowments generate money from donations from people like you. When a donor leaves a sum to a university, they select trustees to manage the funds. The trustees set a spending rate and oversee investments to increase the endowment’s purchasing power. Endowment income allows universities to continue funding various programs. But at the same time, …

Doesn’t change the weird part tho...

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by fwood View Post
                          The city made themselves exempt from this law. How convenient.
                          No it's flat out criminal but he'll our entire political system works this way. For the people and By the people, died many decades ago.

Comment

Austin has gone full blown lib. Its sad really. You couldn't pay me to live there and that's coming from someone who lives in Dallas if that tells you how much I hate the libs!

Comment

Typical Libtards- choke the goose that made their economy happen, private business.
                              The ledg will overrule it next spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hmmm, the fine is $500. Wouldn’t it be cheaper to pay the fine? Looks like the city of Austin found a new way to tax businesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X