austin work sick leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

austin work sick leave

the motion passed 9-2. The ordinance would require Austin businesses give employees one hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked, up to 64 hours. Employees could use the time on themselves or take care of a family member, and any unused time could be carried over to the next year. Employers who violate the policy could be fined up to $500 by the city.

Great! The city is now adopting ordinances related to labor laws. Gotta love the "keepin it weird" crew!

Comment

Small businesses can't afford that. That's the same liberal government over reach that has crippled our economy.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

austin work sick leave

Austin is done. That place has gone so far left is frightening. Back in the early 90s, several of my buddies were in college down there and I hung out most weekends. Back then, the quirkiness of Austin was endearing and made it new and fun. The problem is they took that “Keep Austin Weird” crap WAY to seriously. They all have to one-up each other. You can just people watch and literally see those people working to out-weird each other. It’s sad and pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For city employees I don’t see why that’s bad except the possible increase in financial burden on the city. As far as the city enforcing it on private business, that is mucho no bueno.

Comment

That is crazy. Curious to see if I get something from my employer regarding this. They cant be happy.

Comment

8.5 days of paid sick leave a year.
              My long term employees that get 2 weeks a year of vacation time and 4 days a year of sick time would be reduced to 1 week of vacation time.
              14 days turns into 13.5
              Problem solved......

Comment

I'm sure this one will be challenged in court.

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Small businesses can't afford that. That's the same liberal government over reach that has crippled our economy.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree 4R Daddy. Austin used to be a cool, unique place to go but not any more! I really feel for the "sane" ones that still live there!

Originally posted by 4R Daddy View Post
                  Austin is done. That place has gone so far left is frightening. Back in the early 90s, several of my buddies were in college down there and I hung out most weekends. Back then, the quirkiness of Austin was endearing and made it new and fun. The problem is they took that “Keep Austin Weird” crap WAY to seriously. They all have to one-up each other. You can just people watch and literally see those people working to out-weird each other. It’s sad and pathetic.

Comment

UC - Austin . . ie, Berkeley . . We gonna have to pick up the tab when they go broke? . .

Comment

Im getting tired of seeing gov. tell private businesses how they must operate.
                      Other than occupational safety the courts need to tell these governments hands off

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Im getting tired of seeing gov. tell private businesses how they must operate.
                        Other than occupational safety the courts need to tell these governments hands off

Comment

that will cause a lot of construction type companies to move their office out of Austin and still work in Austin. My company already gives you 40 hours of sick time every year anyways.

This I am sure is for the sniffling, whining, don't really want to work, snowflakes that already call in sick at least once a week and complain because they can't pay their bills.

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                            8.5 days of paid sick leave a year.
                            My long term employees that get 2 weeks a year of vacation time and 4 days a year of sick time would be reduced to 1 week of vacation time.
                            14 days turns into 13.5
                            Problem solved......

Bingo! Adapt or die. Mandatory paid vacation will be next...

Comment

maybe its just me... maybe im crazy but getting paid for not workin just aint right

Comment

Working...
                              X