Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th, 1855. My kids are 7th.

Comment

7th generation both sides back to 1840 since Mexico doesn't have accurate records not sure b4 1840. Did our DNA test last year, results were 50% Spaniard & 50% Native American.

Comment

6th both sides

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Long **** time. I'll have to check the genealogy, but I believe 7th. Learned last year that a relative was signer on the Texas Declaration of Independence.
          I did also, mine was David Thomas. 6-7th great uncle, I can’t remember which.

Comment

What generation Texan are you?

I’m not sure. I was born in Texas but my Mom was born in North Dakota and my dad Morgan City LA. My dads side of the family was all LA and France before. My moms side was Texas and Germany before that.

I know my Grandfather on my moms side was born in Texas and I think my Great Grandfather was also.

So am I a first since my parents weren’t born there or does it go back on my moms side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

First and last [emoji16]

Too dang hot and not enough elk or public land in Texas.

Comment

6th on father's side 1822 Two GGGGrandfathers on that side fought in revolution at Goliad and San Jacinto. 5th generation on mother's side 1860's.

Comment

My GGG grandpa was one of the Old 300, was a Captain in the Texas Rangers and his troop founded Fort Fisher. Helped establish Waco. One his daughters married a Reid and moved to OK.

Comment

Im a first gen Tx

Comment

1st. My parents are from Alabama. They moved here when my father took a job with HL&P in 1981

Comment

5th or 6th on both sides. Not real sure. My mother found a letter from her great grandmother that was traveling down the Brazos with Sam Houston leading them. Houston got called away and he with about half the men left. that's why my mom's side are all from the Hillsboro - Waco area. Her relative that came ahead of them looking for a place to settle, died in the Alamo. My fathers side settled in East Texas, but I'm not exactly sure where. 2 of them fought at San Jacinto.
                        Last edited by Goldeneagle; 02-06-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

My family moved here way back in 2000. Been here ever since. (My kids are Texans that really enjoy seeing the Sooners play)

Comment

I'm 6th, grandkids are 8th... Folks on both sides fought in Texas Revolution... Goliad and Alamo.. Story of Dillard Cooper, survivor of Goliad is posted on TBH

Comment

According to the Republic of Texas historical society and sons and daughters of the republic of texas I am a descendant of the first person born in Texas after it won independence from mexico. I have the news laler article as well. Kinda cool. Found out for an assignment in school when I had to do a family tree and my grandpa gave me the article.

No one in my direct line ever left Texas so I go way back.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

6th. My family moved to Nacogdoches County in 1840s. As far as I can tell, every person in my direct line has lived their entire lives in the county, with the exception of a few going away for college

Not as clear on other side but my great grandmother was a DRT
                                Last edited by hardtner; 02-06-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X