No announcement yet.

Cuddeback Cuddelink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright I’m going to pull the trigger on a couple of these and test them out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
      So when I went to check cards at all the remote cams, I didn’t swap cards or save the pictures. I just checked them and compared pictures. However, here are 4 pictures from the home cam that the home cam took. These are pictures that were NOT transmitted/compressed.

And here are 4 pictures that WERE transmitted to the home cam, so these pictures have been compressed.

The last two pictures, the animals are probably 25 yards away

One thing I did notice is I had ZERO pictures of an animals azz. The trigger speed and detection seem to really be spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The compressed images look a lot better than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the updates on these and please continue to keep us posted on them! I'm interested in them for sure, just wonder about the battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
          Alright I’m going to pull the trigger on a couple of these and test them out too.
          Optics planet is the only place I’ve found it, but it looks like you can preorder the home base so you can free up a camera from using it as the home cam. It’s $135 there. I’ll probably hold out until they are readily available to see what pricing will be elsewhere.

Shop Cuddeback Home Wireless Image Receiver CuddeLink for G or J-Series Trail Cameras | 5 Star Rating on 2 Reviews for Cuddeback Home Wireless Image Receiver CuddeLink for G or J-Series Trail...

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures. Compressed and nite time pics are good enough for me. Definitely getting this system to replace my 4 year old SpyPoint 3G's and 4G's

Comment

I'm liking them the more I read about them. Keep us posted on your experience with them too.

Comment

How long does it take for a picture taken out in the field to make it home? Also is the transmission occur immediately after a picture taken or at time intervals set by the user.

Comment

Just got two in the mail yesterday. I’m going to set them up this weekend. My plan is to set them side by side with new Browning Strike Forces. I will get the camera settings as close to the same as possible. This should test the effectiveness of the camera itself. I plan to set them roughly a half mile apart and let them run for a week. I will then pull the cards and compare not only between the two styles of cameras but the quality of the transmission from camera two to base.

More updates to come

Comment

Just got two in the mail yesterday. I’m going to set them up this weekend. My plan is to set them side by side with new Browning Strike Forces. I will get the camera settings as close to the same as possible. This should test the effectiveness of the camera itself. I plan to set them roughly a half mile apart and let them run for a week. I will then pull the cards and compare not only between the two styles of cameras but the quality of the transmission from camera two to base.

More updates to come
                    Will be cool to watch this. Over the last 4-5 years Cuddeback have gone downhill. I have tried this several times with their models and gotten 50-70% less pics then another brand camera I trust side by side

Comment

More updates to come
                      Very interested to see how this goes. I love the Brownings, but this new technology is pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

More updates to come
                        Definitely interested in hearing about this test!

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Will be cool to watch this. Over the last 4-5 years Cuddeback have gone downhill. I have tried this several times with their models and gotten 50-70% less pics then another brand camera I trust side by side
                        I completely agree. They used to be my favorite camera (still love my old models) but the new ones don't seem to be near as reliable on taking the amount of pictures my other cameras do set up side by side on the same settings. Been 4 or so years since I bought my last Cuddeback so hopefully his test will show some improvements on their part.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                          Definitely interested in hearing about this test!

I completely agree. They used to be my favorite camera (still love my old models) but the new ones don't seem to be near as reliable on taking the amount of pictures my other cameras do set up side by side on the same settings. Been 4 or so years since I bought my last Cuddeback so hopefully his test will show some improvements on their part.
                          How funny...Exactly what I noticed and about the last time I bought a Cuddeback.

I told myself I would not ever buy another after trying their new model for 2-3 years.

My original Cuddeback was awesome. It was a White flash model

Comment

I’m in the same boat as y’all. Loved the old school Cudde’s but haven’t had one in probably 7 or 8 years. Hopefully everything works as advertised.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how they perform. I wish someone would try them in the hill country or West Texas to test their range out to about a mile.

Comment

This is a great idea. I'm up to 10 game cams and its a real chore to check them all. This could simplify the process if they work like they say they will.

Comment

Working...
                                X