Nitto Ridge Grapplers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitto Ridge Grapplers?

I didn't want to hijack the other thread so I figured I would start this one. I am currently running nitto trail grapplers 295/70/18 on 3/4 ton ram and have no complaints. I have gotten 43,000 miles out of them and they have probably 10,000 left. The ridge grapplers caught my attention though. Who runs them and how do you like them as far as the ride, how they do in the mud, and how loud are they? Thanks

They are the best of both worlds. I prefer a mud tire but hate the inevitable noise. These are quiet and work very well. This video is what partially sold me. This was kind of a test run for the tires.
    The JK Experience Alaska was the off-road experience of a life time. The group trekked to through 2,100 miles of unimaginable terrain in almost every element...

Comment

Anybody else running these?

Comment

I have them on a Ford Super Duty. Only 15k miles, but so far so good. Noise is same as the BFG A/T.

Comment

I just bought the Ridge Grapplers about 2000 miles ago and I’m loving them. I had the Trail Grapplers and put 76000 miles on then with only one flat from a nail and had no other problem with them. The Ridge are supposed to be the same compound so I’m hoping to get the same service out of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
            I just bought the Ridge Grapplers about 2000 miles ago and I’m loving them. I had the Trail Grapplers and put 76000 miles on then with only one flat from a nail and had no other problem with them. The Ridge are supposed to be the same compound so I’m hoping to get the same service out of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Yeah I love my trail grapplers. I have 43,000 on mine and have never had flat or even had a leak. Just was thinking these might be better riding and still good in the mud.

Comment

I’m currently running 35x12.50r20 on a f150. Ive had all the big named tires on everything up to 1 ton trucks through the years and by far the Ridge Grapplers have been the best tire I’ve ever had. They look great, ride quiet, and wear well.

Comment

Running them on two 2500hds. Have only put 5,000 on one truck and 1500 miles on the other. They are much quieter than trail grapplers and feel better on road. Towing a cargo trailer to new Mexico they were a bit squirrelly the first few hundred miles but seemed to get better the more miles we put on them.

Nitto tires in general are tough sob's. Over 4 sets of nittos, never had one problem. The terra and trail both get loud once they wear down.

Not sure how guys are getting high mileage out of these. I never got over 40k on tahoe. Hoping ridge do better.

Comment

Can anyone compare these to the Toyo Open Country AT II?
                  That youtube video above is my dream!

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      That youtube video above is my dream!
                      I can't right now, but give me a few months and I'll be happy to...great time frame I know.

I just swapped my Toyo Open Country AT II for the Nitto Ridge Grappler on my 2014 F-250 this morning. I got 65k out of my Toyo's and still had decent tread left. I really had no reason to switch brands/styles, but I did just to see.
                      I went 295's this time instead of the 275's. But for the 12 miles I've had the Ridge Grapplers, I like them...
                      Last edited by Mud Shark; 12-29-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                        They are the best of both worlds. I prefer a mud tire but hate the inevitable noise. These are quiet and work very well. This video is what partially sold me. This was kind of a test run for the tires.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daGIbKGqgwY
                        Thanks for this. I've spent half the day watching this and then some other videos on the Alcan 5000. Looks like a seriously fun trip! Bucket list type of adventure.

I'm running Toyo MT's right now and had been planning a little less aggressive tire, I think these Ridge Grapplers will fit the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                          I can't right now, but give me a few months and I'll be happy to...great time frame I know.

I just swapped my Toyo Open Country AT II for the Nitto Ridge Grappler on my 2014 F-250 this morning. I got 65k out of my Toyo's and still had decent tread left. I really had no reason to switch brands/styles, but I did just to see.
                          I went 295's this time instead of the 275's. But for the 12 miles I've had the Ridge Grapplers, I like them...
                          I've had great luck w/the AT II's as well. They've really impressed me in all types of terrain. I have no reason to switch either besides just wanting to. My AT II's have been the best tire I've had on a truck yet, & I've been thru @ least 10 sets over the years.

Comment

I ran Ridge Grapplers on my F250 and liked them. I have about 30k on them and tread is about half life. They are very quiet and do well in mud. However, I have noticed they can get loose pretty easy on wet pavement if you aren’t careful. Have not ran Toyos but have BF AT’s, Stock Michelins, and Hankooks.

Comment

I just changed from 35” Trail Grapplers to 37” Ridge Grapplers on my Duramax and so far I’m lovin’ em!

Comment

Working...
                              X