Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making the most out of your storage building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the most out of your storage building?

Found out the wife wants a storage building for Christmas. Not sure on what size yet since I haven't even looked. Probably something like my mom has, a 12 x 24.
    Anyways, looking into ideas for shelves, hangers, cabinets, etc to make the most out of the space. Would like to see some pics of how you did up yours or just some general ideas.

Go bigger then you think you need, itll fill up fast

Comment

10 ft lofts on both ends. You'll thank me later. I have a 12 x 24, 10 ft lofts on both ends. The crap you can put up there is unbelievable.

Comment

Cooks portable buildings. Check them out. Make a great building.

Comment

Texas Affordable Sheds built my 16' x 32' shed. It has 8' walls and an 8' x 32' covered patio. Also went with an 8' roll-up door with a ramp and a metal walk-through door. 4 windows and ridge vents too. It has (2) 8' x 16' lofts too.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
            Texas Affordable Sheds built my 16' x 32' shed. It has 8' walls and an 8' x 32' covered patio. Also went with an 8' roll-up door with a ramp and a metal walk-through door. 4 windows and ridge vents too. It has (2) 8' x 16' lofts too.
            Nice !

Comment

I build shelves out of 2x4's and OSB. Go buy all the bins you want before you build the shelves so they fit well.

One thing I haven't seen done but that might work well if you're storing stuff you don't need to access regularly are rolling shelves like scaffolding. In a 12' wide building you could have 5 sets of 20" wide shelves and a 40" aisle/walkway. Just don't stack stuff up in the aisle or it will be a nightmare.

I'd also put numbered stickers on the ends of the bins and a whiteboard in there where you can write down what's in them. If you just put labels on the bins, your wife will always be looking for the "other" Christmas bins because "she's sure you had more." Just went through that this week.
              Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 11-29-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Build lofts, use wall mounted shelving and hooks, Akro bins and keep the floor space open.
                Once you start piling chit on the floor its over. As mentioned before buy the biggest one you can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                  One thing I haven't seen done but that might work well if you're storing stuff you don't need to access regularly are rolling shelves like scaffolding.
                  That's a great idea!!

Comment

Next house I build will have a 10x10(or bigger) room off the garage for Christmas ****. I hate carrying it up and down stairs to the attic.

Comment

How much did that cost if you don't mind me asking? Really Nice!!

Comment

I made a 16x20 into a cabin with a 7x7 bathroom and two sleeping areas.

A few pics:

Comment

shed

I like that set up!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                            How much did that cost if you don't mind me asking? Really Nice!!
                            I paid right at $10K

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                              Go bigger then you think you need, itll fill up fast
                              X2

Comment

Working...
                              X