Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active shooter or shooters in Vegas

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
    We're lucky he wasn't shooting suppressed. It would have taken a lot longer to find him.
    I'm guessing this was meant with sarcasm?

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    I don't like Hilary at all but she does have a good point about silencers

I am not a advocate of them for the general purpose of this very thing
    Suppressors only lower the sound of each shot to a hearing-safe level. They do not, "silence" a shot. The shooter was not located because of the noise of the gunfire, he was located initially by muzzle flashes and, then, the fire alarm went off in his room due to all the cordite smoke in the room.

There is absolutely no way to drag suppressors into this discussion in any substantive way. Hillary's tweets talking about suppressors and the NRA's support of the SHARE Act are a disgusting politicization of this senseless tragedy.

Had the shooter had suppressors, the events would not have unfolded any worse than they did. In fact, they may have limited his fire because most will fail under a sustained high rate of fire. The problem with suppressors is limited to people's ignorance of what they do, what they don't do and how they operate. There is not one single realistic negative to the use of suppressors although there are many positives, even for non-gun folks.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    So many unanswered questions at this early stage. I'm sure they have already looked at all the security footage - no telling what all will come out. It does seems very odd - his family insists he was not political, religious, or an "avid gun guy." He had no criminal history or social media presence. An incredible amount of planning and expense went into this - like nothing we have ever seen in this type of crime. I just read that an hour went by between the initial 911 call and when LEO breached the door and found him dead. Until details are released this story lends itself to all kinds of theories.
    According to all the reports I've heard and the statement by officials in Las Vegas earlier, it only took 20-30 minutes from the first 911 call until the door was breached. 20 minutes is the number I keep hearing but someone said 30 minutes (can't remember who) so I threw that one in.

You're sure right about the lack of specific details leading to rampant theorizing.....especially from the tin foil hat crowd.

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
    Given the lack of criminal history from this guy, I cannot help but wonder if he was targeted for his room and then killed. Of course, surveillance video will show all of that but I still wonder. It makes no sense.
    I'll agree with your suspicion if you can explain how a 'mystery shooter' would have been able to flee the room with doors barricaded from the inside.

I don't find it that strange that somebody goes off the rails. No doubt, it's far less common than some known loser or radical pulling off a horrific event; but they don't have a monopoly on having a screw loose. Older successful white guys aren't exempt from the possibility of coming unhinged. Odds are, his education and success aided him in hiding his propensities and twisted thoughts from his family and friends. After listening to his brother in an interview, it seems his family had no clue about his proclivities. As sad, tragic and horrific as last night's events were, it'll be interesting to find out what the motives were behind these disgusting acts.

Comment

I listened to this last night on Broadcastify as it happened. I can tell you it was longer than 20-30 minutes before they breached. The officers outside the door didn't report any gunfire from the room before they breached either. And they used explosives to breach two areas

Comment

So quite a few hours ago they already interviewed his girlfriend who was in a different Country. So what shooting ranges did he shoot at or are they still trying to set that up also?

A lot doesn't add up. I don't really believe one way or the other but I know we will only know what they decide we should know...if you know what I mean.

Comment

People can say "tin foil hat" all they want, but there's a lot of things that seem off.

Comment

Amonium nitrate found in his car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock purchased more than 30 weapons and had more than a dozen stashed in his hotel room as he carried out the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, Fox News learned Monday.

Comment

I just watched some of the videos, man that was tough to get through. Prayers up for the people who had to experience this craziness firsthand. Also keeping the families of the victims and the first responders in my prayers, this whole thing is just tragic.

I can't wrap my mind around all the different theories and stories floating around right now. I don't know how to make heads or tails of the events. It's entirely possible that it was a terrorist group, or just an old man that snapped. But, he didn't just snap last night, this was pretty well planned out. Either way, it's a sad day for America.

Comment

Active shooter or shooters in Vegas

This idiot chose to use firearms but he could have EASILY achieved the same (if not worse) results by using one of his planes or a large vehicle/ heavy truck and/or making homemade explosives. Remember Timothy McVeigh? Those bent on killing will always find a way and it doesn't take a lot of creativity to find a means, other than firearms, to create mass casualties. Where there's a will, there's a way - unfortunately. That's why knee-jerk reactions (like gun control) will never work. The problem isn't guns or trucks or explosives or poisons, etc. The PROBLEM is people. In order to reduce these types of incidents we'll have to change people first. Take one means away and they'll just find another. Change minds or find ways to identify minds that need changing and THEN you'll begin to reduce the number of these incidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    Why? You think our founding father with black powder had fully automatic rifles in mind when they wrote the right to bear arms. C'mon man.
                    No...Our founding fathers had whatever was the modern rifle of the military at the time in mind. The Brown Bess WAS the so called assault weapon of its time.

So if our founders could not have envisioned the modern weapons we have today, they most definitely would NOT have envisioned the internet... So THAT could not be protected by free speech. Your thinking.

Comment

This idiot chose to use firearms but he could have EASILY achieved the same (if not worse) results by using one of his planes or a large vehicle/ heavy truck and/or making homemade explosives. Remember Timothy McVeigh? Those bent on killing will always find a way and it doesn't take a lot of creativity to find a means, other than firearms, to create mass casualties. Where there's a will, there's a way - unfortunately. That's why knee-jerk reactions (like gun control) will never work. The problem isn't guns or trucks or explosives or poisons, etc. The PROBLEM is people. In order to reduce these types of incidents we'll have to change people first. Take one means away and they'll just find another. Change minds or find ways to identify minds that need changing and THEN you'll begin to reduce the number of these incidents.

Agree 100% Prayers for all affected by this cowardly act. Prayers for our Country.

Comment

Just read he used AR type wepons in 223 and 308. Two were on tripods.

FBI profiler said it could of taken a year to plan. Lots of logistics to make it happen.......

Comment

Prayers up for everyone involved.

Reports are switching to "modified" ar-15 from full autos, mentioning the slide fire stock or trigger mods a few times.

Comment

National news is saying he has been purchasing guns lately and was an avid hunter. Also that his biological father spent some time on the FBIs most wanted list for being a nut job. I saw the interview with his brother earlier and everything he said is far off base from what is coming out now. Would like to kick him in the *** till his nose bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                              Prayers up for everyone involved.

Reports are switching to "modified" ar-15 from full autos, mentioning the slide fire stock or trigger mods a few times.

The most confusing part is the fire rate slowing and speeding up. Doesn’t sound like a standard full auto.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                The most confusing part is the fire rate slowing and speeding up. Doesn’t sound like a standard full auto.

308 then 223 etc.....

Comment

Working...
                                X