Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor brass just shipped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a shipping notice that the pre-order I made with Grafs for 200 of the brand new Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor brass, with small primer pockets, is headed my way! WOOHOOOOooo! Should be here on Tuesday some time. Can't wait to try it out!

Figured some other folks might have ordered and be excited to here that it's begun to ship!

Glad they are finally making it. Hope it's good stuff.

Comment

Hmmmm. Looks like they have it in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post
        Hmmmm. Looks like they have it in stock.

I heard that Lapua sent Grafs an entire shipping container of Creedmoor brass. They ought to be stocked up for a while. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

-1 box now. Anyone know much about the nosler 6.5 creed brass? How is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post
            -1 box now. Anyone know much about the nosler 6.5 creed brass? How is it?

1 box? Not following you. I just checked and it's in stock with a 5 box (1000 piece) limit per house. Nosler makes great brass. I'm sure it's good but I just don't think it's quite on par with Lapua and it's as expensive, if not more than Lapua. One of the interesting things about this new Lapua brass for the Creedmoor is the use of small primers - they're the only ones to ever offer it. Many people, including Lapua, credit the "inherent accuracy of the 6.5x47L cartridge" to the use of small primers to get a better ignition. I'm willing to bet that this new brass will increase accuracy in the Creedmoor. JMO

Comment

awesome, what primers are you going to try out?

Comment

CCI BR4, CCI 450 & Federal 205. Wish I could find some Federal Match primers. Since the 450's seem to be the favorite with 6.5x47L loaders, I'm going to start there.

Last edited by Horitexan; 02-13-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Good info, I just built my Creedmoor upper and I need some brass to load for it. Keep us posted

Comment

Mine showed up today.

Comment

You might have to have the bolt bushed and install the smaller firing pin with these. Don't know if it will present a problem or not.

Comment

Where's the best place to preorder the lapua brass from?

Comment

Working...
                        X