Beto Gets a Whole Hour to Himself on CNN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
    Its also at 9am so not sure what audiance it will capture.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Actually, it's at 9 p.m. from what I read.

"O’Rourke’s solo town hall will air at 9 p.m. central time Oct. 18 and be televised from the McAllen Performing Arts Center." -- https://www.star-telegram.com/news/p...219732670.html

One of Cruz's big claims is that he can debate better than anyone... makes no sense that he would skip this. There are several ways to hypothesize and justify it as strategy but in my opinion, it seems like a bad idea and not very good strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by courtstamper View Post
      Actually, it's at 9 p.m. from what I read.

"O’Rourke’s solo town hall will air at 9 p.m. central time Oct. 18 and be televised from the McAllen Performing Arts Center."

One of Cruz's big claims is that he can debate better than anyone... makes no sense that he would skip this. There are several ways to hypothesize and justify it as strategy but in my opinion, it seems like a bad idea and not very good strategy.
      Cruz can debate anyone. In the first debate he kicked Beto ***. Beto looked like he was on crack. I do think he should have debated him though.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
        Looks like Cruz declined to participate in the upcoming TownHall in McAllen, TX.
        Thought I smelled something rotten in the north wind today...there is no reason in world for Cruz to consider a town hall here in McAllen as it would be a trap.

'La Maquina' is well oiled machine & would just grease puto's wheels...our counties will go blue no matter what & he's better off riding the wave of upset Kav voters across the rest of the state that doesn't have voting issues worse than Chicago booths.

The voting dead & the free bus rides from the port of entries to polls are no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Cruz can debate anyone. In the first debate he kicked Beto ***. Beto looked like he was on crack. I do think he should have debated him though.
          He probably is.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Thought I smelled something rotten in the north wind today...there is no reason in world for Cruz to consider a town hall here in McAllen as it would be a trap.

'La Maquina' is well oiled machine & would just grease puto's wheels...our counties will go blue no matter what & he's better off riding the wave of upset Kav voters across the rest of the state that doesn't have voting issues worse than Chicago booths.

The voting dead & the free bus rides from the port of entries to polls are no joke.
            That was my thinking as well. A town hall.....in McAllen......no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              People in Texas that watch CNN are already voting for Beto anyway.
              Winner winner chicken dinner

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                If someone has an hour to spend watching CNN, Ted wasn't getting their vote anyway. I don't think I know anyone with that kind of patience.
                you got it figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

Someone needs to film the busses going from the port of entries to the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                    Not sure on the schedule conflict...everything I've read points to a disagreement in the format, traditional debate vs back-to-back individual townhalls w/ questions from the audience. Either way, an hour of national air time is pretty valuable when you're talking about a relatively tight race...I trust Cruz knows what he's doing but it's an interesting move to say the least.
                    I’ll play the devil’s advocate: let’s say Beto doesn’t want to debate because he gets his *** whooped.. let’s say then, Beto (or CNN) says, knowing he’d get his *** whooped, “well let’s do a town hall format where questions are asked and each gets an hour to talk”. I can ONLY imagine the pre-planned, pre-practiced, SOFTBALL, LAY UP questions CNN would ask Beto and the hardball, “gotcha” questions CNN would ask Cruz. History has already proven that questions are planted in those settings. History has also proven that some (wonder which ones) candidates know what’s going to be asked.

If I were Cruz, would I fall into that trap? No. And he didn’t.
                    Last edited by HoustonHunter; 10-11-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I don’t watch cnn...

Comment

I can't imagine an hour of robert francis talking and not saying nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                          I’ll play the devil’s advocate: let’s say Beto doesn’t want to debate because he gets his *** whooped.. let’s say then, Beto (or CNN) says, knowing he’d get his *** whooped, “well let’s do a town hall format where questions are asked and each gets an hour to talk”. I can ONLY imagine the pre-planned, pre-practiced, SOFTBALL, LAY UP questions CNN would ask Beto and the hardball, “gotcha” questions CNN would ask Cruz. History has already proven that questions are planted in those settings. History has also proven that some (wonder which ones) candidates know what’s going to be asked.

If I were Cruz, would I fall into that trap? No. And he didn’t.
                          Exactly. And CNN would put Cruz on first and then let O'Rourke go last. Would be a complete waste of time for Cruz. He'd handle CNN's BS just fine, but there'd be nothing for him to gain by doing it. Add the fact that Cruz is up by 9 points in the latest poll, and it's clear Cruz has zero reasons to go on CNN to help them get better ratings.

Comment

I don't even know how to get CNN on my TV anymore (not like I have tried in a long time). Texas Tribune was crowing about how much money Beto raised in the 3rd Quarter. Shame people throwing their money away like that (not a shame really).

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                              First thing that popped in my head. May have to dust off a few old platitudes to fill a full hour of rambling.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                                Well he would say a lot. It would be a story of some person he met for each question- not actual answers.

Him being on national news like CNN does one huge thing for him and that is help raise lots of cash from all over the country. He has raised tons of cash.

Cruz on the other hand has not raised much for a variety of reasons.

Want to know why you don’t see more Cruz signs? Because you have to pay about $20 to the campaign to get one shipped to you. The campaign funds are tight.

This one could be lost like a football game playing prevent defense by the Republican voters in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X