No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we are continuing in prayer for little Emmett & your family. also comfort for the family who you have just mentioned that lost their little one. our hearts go out to all of you<><

Comment

Continued Prayers!

Comment

More sent!

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Praying for strength and continued faith.

Comment

Prayers continue for Emmett! Keep on keepin' on Mom & Dad!

Comment

God Bless you all, prayers continue for Emmett.

Comment

More prayers sent

Comment

Still praying for yall. Wow I feel for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett, Mom and Dad. Also a prayer for the family that lost their precious baby today....

Comment

Day 25 update. We were hoping to be about at the end of our low point, but today proved this not to be the case. One of our greatest fears was confirmed and dropped on us late last night. Our little Emmett has developed a blood infection. It's a somewhat rare yeast growth that is showing up on his blood cultures. It explains the low platelet counts and periods of apnea and bradycardia.

The plan moving forward aside from medication is to go though and check each organ to see if there is any growth forming on them. Most importantly, they have to perform a spinal tap to see if it's spread to his nervous system. This would be the worse case scenario, and could set Emmett back from a developmental stand point. I've been through a spinal tap, and it breaks my heart to know that Emmett has to endure this at his age. Our lone bright point for the day was when we learned that Emmett's spinal fluid did not contain elevated white blood cell counts, which would typically indicate the presence of infection. We can rule it out completely when his cultures come back negative. They are already having increased difficulty drawing blood from him, as most locations to utilize a draw from are now blown out. I had a complete meltdown today when they buzzed the hair from his little head to try and draw blood from that location. During the draw, for the first time Emmett fully opened his eyes and looked right at me. I was done. What makes it worse is that they have to monitor this infection closely, which means they have to do a blood draw on a daily basis for several weeks. I have no idea how he'll be able to sustain these for that long in his current state.

The doctor's first thought is that this yeast infection could have entered through the PICC line. So they pulled his line, and are taking a culture of the end to see if there is substantial growth located there. So then we are back to having to place another PICC line in after he's hopefully recovered some in a few days. It literally seems like we're back to square 1 in recovery.

My beautiful wife and I are fighting tooth and nail to hold it together and to stay strong for our little man. Please help us pray extra hard for Emmett. Pray that this infection is cured quickly, and that his organs contain no growth. Pray that God continues to give him the strength to endure all of the sticks he will be receiving. Pray that he continues to grow and develop normally. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This breaks my heart for your family. I am praying for you and Emmett right now.

Comment

Praying to fight this infection!

Comment

Y’all are still in our prayers! Although it may seem like it remember we are all joined together with yall faith and prayers! Praying for strength, comfort, perseverance, and Gods supernatural guidance and healing over Emmett, family, and his medical team. Praying all this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Prayers sent for y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X