No announcement yet.

Pulled Over by Game Warden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had good experiences with LEO, and I've had bad ones. I generally go by this rule: If an officer is nice to me, I'll be nice back. I'll even be more amenable to the occasional "mind if I have a look-see". But if the officer rolls up to my window in full throttle power trip mode, we're both going to have a bad day.

I got pulled over a few years ago, for "suspicion" of drunk driving. I was pulling out of a Mc Donalds, with a burger in one hand, steering wheel in the other, while shifting gears, and full blown allergy season sneazing fit comes on. I managed to miss the other cars, but rubbed the curb on the far side of the road. Admittedly poor driving. I understood the stop, and even the "have you been drinking".

No, sir. Got hit with a terrible sneezing fit all of a sudden, in the middle of doing 3 things at once"(kid couldnt have been less than 10 years younger than me.)

But the probationary officer, complete with milk still on his lip, started giving me attitude from the beginning. "I don't believe that for a second. Don't drag this out. Step out of the car."

"can we skip to the breathalizer, i'm late to work"

"Then what is it you're on? there's no way a sneeze caused that." (note, there's snot running down the windshield)... "Can look in your vehicle to find out?"

"Get a search warrant, and you're welcome to it."

I was sitting on the side of the road in hand cuffs, while we waited for the search warrant. The Sargent pulls up, and isn't there 5 minutes before I'm on my way. He was nice and courteous to me, so I was nice and courteous to him. I said he could search the car(which had literally NOTHING in it) and we went on our way. He says to me "i'm sorry for the trouble, i'm a bit confused. My officer mentioned you were being obstinate and uncooperative, but you've been nothing but helpful to me."

"Your officer was beligerant, disrespectful, and treated me as a criminal from the very beginning. He needed a lesson in common courtesy and professionalism. Had I just waited and launched a complaint, I'd get the usual "we're very sorry blah blah blah"... By being a PITA for him, it garnered your attention, so you can review the recording, and handle him accordingly. Something I'm sure he wont forget, or easily dismiss"

He just smirked, while the "officer" had a look on his face that was a mix between a scolded child, and veiled hatred. 'Course, I shook both their hands, thanked them for being LEO's, and said have a good night." which rubbed him even more raw.

Comment

Sounds like he was doing is job.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
        Your 4th amendment rights don't cease to exist simply because you legally took a non game animal. Tell him to get a warrant next time.
        You are exactly right!

Comment

HAHA now from some of the comments it is now my fault for having blood on my bumper... Let me say this.. The truck was clean as could be as we did all the work in the hanging area..
          The bloodwater from cooler ran down the bed and out the back tailgate on bumper..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooks View Post
            Fair enough. Thanks for making the call.

About 4 months ago I was driving through Southlake. Going the speed limit in the right lane. I pass an officer on the shoulder. Little ways down the road he is behind me pulling me over. I am thinking what did I do? He comes to the window and says he ran my plates through some database and shows I don't have insurance. I told him I did have insurance and he said ok get with your insurance co and see if the vin is correct. Sure enough it was off by 2 digits.

Do I feel like I was wronged by being pulled over when I didn't do anything wrong? No. I am happy to see him getting people with no insurance. Someone he pulls over with no insurance could have hit me and now I am out the money to fix my car.

Did he ask to search your car and did you give consent?

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
              Did he ask to search your car and did you give consent?
              He did not. But if I had blood on my bumper Im sure he would have searched the car.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stallion View Post
                How many of ya ll have been pulled over by a gamewarden on a highway??

Last night I was leaving a ranch close to town where I shot a hog.. Little did i know i had some blood on my back bumper that became the reason i was pulled over.. My truck pretty much was flipped inside out! He went thru everything toolbox, gun cases, center console and all.. I felt as if i was a felon and I did something incredibly wrong! I answered all questions asked which were about a million and one questions.. I just did nt understand it and still this morning i am clueless as to why it went as far as it did.. A simple you been hunting?? what you kill? where is it at? hunting license? okay have a nice day would ve been the normally to me! ( I figured) but NOPE it was polar opposite! Where you coming from? you been drinking? what did you kill? you have license for that pistol? Whats in the icechest? what about the other icechest? Whats in your toolbox? Show me was his reply to everything. Let me see your guns open your gun cases... I mean on and on!! I left feeling like I had done something wrong!!! Definatly was nt this ole boys night!! Mind you it was on 630 PM yesterday as well!! haha
                Sounds like a rookie with a chip on his shoulder

Comment

Just as in most any line of work, there are DH's, and whether he is a full time DH or not, doesn't matter much to me. The fact that he went above and beyond the call of DH duty, when he treated you that way for no reason, is all that mattered right then.

Comment

I have a lake home on Caddo lake and a couple of yr's ago I was stopped every time I put the boat in the water. Never ticketed, but after being stopped so many times by many different GW, I finally asked, What's the Deal? And they told me it was the only lake they could get their boats into due to most lakes around E Texas, the ramps were out of the water. They were all friendly and was stopped twice by a female GW, once on a jet ski. I thought she was never going to leave, talk and talk and talk, and I thought (is she hitting on me) ? At that time I was more interested in fishing, I wondered what if I would have asked her out ??

Comment

Under TX law you cannot resist an unlawful search or arrest.

A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer....... from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.
                      (b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful

Well there you have it! You can be polite, rude, let them search your car or not but in the end they can still drag you *** to jail ruin your day and cost you a bunch of money. Power given to them by our political hero's to keep us safe. My glass is still half full but the first half tasted like crap.

Comment

Not intending to dodge or misdirect. I'm just typing what I am thinking. During future traffic stops do what you feel led to do. I am in no way trying to sway people to change their minds on how they would like to conduct business.
                        No you're just being a jerk to everyone who disagrees with you, even though some of them are forum regulars who's integrity and high intellect are MUCH more heavily established than your own.

I personally haven't been horribly impressed with your display of logic, intelligence, or courtesy here.

Comment

Marko for the win

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                            No you're just being a jerk to everyone who disagrees with you, even though some of them are forum regulars who's integrity and high intellect are MUCH more heavily established than your own.

I personally haven't been horribly impressed with your display of logic, intelligence, or courtesy here.
                            Not sure how the comment you quoted me in is being a jerk?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post

At least someone said it. Thanks Marko!

Comment

Not sure how the comment you quoted me in is being a jerk?
                                You have to consider the entire body of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X