Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice

Got stationed here in 2009 and this is the first year I'm able to hunt public land due to operational schedule. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get into a hunting area within a reasonable distance (2 hrs<) from DFW?

You can Bow hunt Whitney lake COE land just go to the lake office. You can find the info online.

Comment

Wow their are a lot within 2 hours of dfw ,Caddo national grasslands,Whitney lake, aquilla ,grapevine lake your best bet would be to get on tpwd website and download the map booklet and also get on the coe website and download theirs as well tons of options close to the metroplex some require a lot of work to get to where the deer are

Comment

Appreciate the info and the help!

Comment

go east on 30 ! cooper lake has c.o.e. land, white oak creek w.m.a by mt pleasant and texarkana has wright-patman lake with 54000 acres of excellent FREE hunting ! two hours east on 20 is old sabine bottom w.m.a. wich is archery only and has decent deer population, just north of longview is lake o' the pines with c.o.e. land and north of marshall is caddo lake w.m.a which is archery only. i canoe into caddo lake to an island every december to go camping and will be taking my bow this year! that's my chunk of east texas that i'm familiar with. there are lots of nat'l forest land around sam rayburn and toledo bend too. i've been to big sam it sure is nice looking there !

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X