Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woody wood View Post
    Yep. You really got me there
    It was not directly about you rather the many cable cutters, or so they call themselves.

Comment

I've been looking into many of these options, but haven't exactly been too amazed thus far.

I mean, my cable/internet bill with Comcast is $135 / month. That's a tier 2 cable package with HBO, DVR, on-demand, etc.

Say I got rid of cable. I'd still need high speed internet, netflix, Sling TV, digital antenna, etc. Wouldn't all that put together be at least $100 per month? Guess, what I'm saying is the bit extra I'm paying Comcast is for the convenience of not needing multiple services and/or devices. Not to mention, being at the mercy of my home internet speed and digital antenna reception. I know a few people with digital antennas and it really seemed hit or miss on how good their reception was. Some didn't get certain channels while others did or certain channels would cut-out, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like the direction everything is going in not needing to rely on Comcrap or Direct, etc. It just hasn't progressed to the point where I'm ready to take the leap.

Comment

Another one for the amazon fire stick with kodi app. I bought mine loaded and ready to go.

Comment

help me disconnect from cable

We called friday and cancelled our Suddenlink cable and upgraded our intetnet. Cut our bill from 180+ to 60

Wr were using Roku in the living room which I love, but we bought a new Sony Smart TV with Android menu. Its great and Roku went to daughters room with old tv.
          Last edited by Avezorak; 03-28-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
            I've been looking into many of these options, but haven't exactly been too amazed thus far.

I mean, my cable/internet bill with Comcast is $135 / month. That's a tier 2 cable package with HBO, DVR, on-demand, etc.

Say I got rid of cable. I'd still need high speed internet, netflix, Sling TV, digital antenna, etc. Wouldn't all that put together be at least $100 per month? Guess, what I'm saying is the bit extra I'm paying Comcast is for the convenience of not needing multiple services and/or devices. Not to mention, being at the mercy of my home internet speed and digital antenna reception. I know a few people with digital antennas and it really seemed hit or miss on how good their reception was. Some didn't get certain channels while others did or certain channels would cut-out, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like the direction everything is going in not needing to rely on Comcrap or Direct, etc. It just hasn't progressed to the point where I'm ready to take the leap.
            I don't live in the city or within city limits, so the cable/internet bundle isn't an option for me. So I was paying $130 just for satellite and $70 for unlimited high speed internet. So with me canceling satellite and just going with an antenna, Netflix, and Hulu. I went from $130 a month for tv to $18. I still pay the same amount for internet. That's worth saving to me. It's not for everybody, but I made the change 2 years ago, and I can't complain. My wife and I actually like it allot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
              Another one for the amazon fire stick with kodi app. I bought mine loaded and ready to go.

https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org...502474628.html
              for $50 profit a piece ill load them up all day long lol.

i bought several of the sticks when they go on sale for $25.
              they work good with kodi after advanced settings are loaded. issue with them is the wifi. some tv's interfere bad with them.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                for $50 profit a piece ill load them up all day long lol.

i bought several of the sticks when they go on sale for $25.
                they work good with kodi after advanced settings are loaded. issue with them is the wifi. some tv's interfere bad with them.
                I thought about doing it on the side too. Lol!! After researching I figured out how to do it. Installed it all on my phone.

Comment

help me disconnect from cable

The little "box" we are running was a one time purchase and done. No monthly payments. I dig it for all the movies still in the theater

I'm watching The 5th Wave now

Comment

Here's our problem: We live in the sticks - internet service is by radio signal and is slow. I can't even watch an episode of Breaking Bad thru Netflix on my cellphone without it buffering several times.

Cellular service is worse than crappy too.

The reviews I read about the satellite based internet services say they're not much better than what I have.

I keep thinking go with Dish Network for their internet and use a basic package for TV.

I'm open to suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                      Here's our problem: We live in the sticks - internet service is by radio signal and is slow. I can't even watch an episode of Breaking Bad thru Netflix on my cellphone without it buffering several times.

Cellular service is worse than crappy too.

The reviews I read about the satellite based internet services say they're not much better than what I have.

I keep thinking go with Dish Network for their internet and use a basic package for TV.

I'm open to suggestions.

Your only option would be a good antenna, booster, and a tall pole/tower to clear tree tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                        The little "box" we are running was a one time purchase and done. No monthly payments. I dig it for all the movies still in the theater

I'm watching The 5th Wave now
                        Gotta share the name of the secret box...

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                          Gotta share the name of the secret box...
                          the box is irrelevant. its the software. mentioned all throughout the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                            the box is irrelevant. its the software. mentioned all throughout the thread.

Yessir!

Comment

What are some of the better Kodi Add-Ons? So far I like Genesis, but not sure what else to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                                What are some of the better Kodi Add-Ons? So far I like Genesis, but not sure what else to look for.
                                you can install a "build" or "wizard" that loads up all the popular stuff for live tv, movies, sports ect. "the beast" set up is pretty great.
                                spartanpixel.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, spartanpixel.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

1channel, phoenix, project free tv, live streams, ect are all good single add ons. https://www.tvaddons.ag/ is a good source

Comment

Working...
                                X