No announcement yet.

Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Sir! Thank you so much for sharing!

Comment

Congrats again Shiloh. Thanks for the great story and bringing us along on your adventure.

Comment

Great writeup

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I can't seem to get the dang video uploaded! I'll fight with it a bit more when I get a chance. Here's a few snapshots from the video.

We are on our way in now. They graciously allowed us to hunt one more day in hopes my father in law Bryan could get his bear. Thankfully, we stayed and ol Curly and his pack was able to get us in on a monster of a bear. One shot from his 54 cal flintlock and the bear was done. This was his first ever guides hunt and he'd always dreamed of shooting a bear and his patience definitely paid off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great hunt. Congrats to both you guys.

Comment

Comment

That's icing on the cake! Good times. Congratulations to him.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  That's icing on the cake! Good times. Congratulations to him.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Thank you sir.

We are currently stuck in Santa Fe waiting on a ranger for last 3 hours to check our bears and hoping he shows up soon.

Comment

Awesome

Thanks for sharing your adventure

Comment

Congrats to both of y'all!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just now got a chance to read through this thread. Great story Shiloh I really enjoyed it . I really enjoyed all the pics especially the ones of the dogs ! A good working dog is a true thing of beauty !!congrats on a great hunt and a great trophy!!

Comment

Awesome!! Congrats to him as well, love the flintlock.

Comment

Thanks again everyone. It was a fun trip for sure, until yesterday evening that is when our lucky streaks essentially ran out....
                            We arrived at the New Mexico State Fish and Game Offices to get our bears tagged so we would be legal for out of state transport right at 5 yesterday evening as everyone was heading out. I asked a lady if she could help us as we were trying to make it back home as we both had obligations at work this morning and she kindly obliged and went back to find a biologist. When they came out, the biologist told us she was the only one there that could tag and check in bears, but she was going to Albuquerque and didn't have time to check them and we'd have to either wait till the next morning or call a game ranger.....
                            To make a long story short, out of the 4 rangers in the area, none answered there phones, and one's mail box was full and couldn't take messages. So, I text the one closest to the area and told him the situation and he said it wouldn't be a problem checking them in, but it would be an hour before he could meet as he was on his way to check in another bear elsewhere(this was at 5:40)..2 hours later he finally responded to a call and didn't act interested in checking our bears in last night but said he could the next morning. I told him we were unable to stay the night and finally he agreed to meet and told us where to be (this was at 7:40)....10:30 rolls around and no answered texts, or calls so we leave to go find ice for the hides and meat, as well as find a safe place to park and sleep for the night...10:40 I get a text that says he didn't see us and left out, so I call and tell him where we were (which was 2.5miles from the original meeting place) and he says he'd turn around and meet us there. At 11:50PM he arrived and got our bears checked in and we were finally on the road at 12:30am. We switched on and off driving so we could each get a bit of rest and made it back without any other issues.... I will say I'm one worn out fella though. Those RockStar Energy drinks aint quite as good as they used to be when I drank them in college to keep me up to study!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                              Thanks again everyone. It was a fun trip for sure, until yesterday evening that is when our lucky streaks essentially ran out....
                              We arrived at the New Mexico State Fish and Game Offices to get our bears tagged so we would be legal for out of state transport right at 5 yesterday evening as everyone was heading out. I asked a lady if she could help us as we were trying to make it back home as we both had obligations at work this morning and she kindly obliged and went back to find a biologist. When they came out, the biologist told us she was the only one there that could tag and check in bears, but she was going to Albuquerque and didn't have time to check them and we'd have to either wait till the next morning or call a game ranger.....
                              To make a long story short, out of the 4 rangers in the area, none answered there phones, and one's mail box was full and couldn't take messages. So, I text the one closest to the area and told him the situation and he said it wouldn't be a problem checking them in, but it would be an hour before he could meet as he was on his way to check in another bear elsewhere(this was at 5:40)..2 hours later he finally responded to a call and didn't act interested in checking our bears in last night but said he could the next morning. I told him we were unable to stay the night and finally he agreed to meet and told us where to be (this was at 7:40)....10:30 rolls around and no answered texts, or calls so we leave to go find ice for the hides and meat, as well as find a safe place to park and sleep for the night...10:40 I get a text that says he didn't see us and left out, so I call and tell him where we were (which was 2.5miles from the original meeting place) and he says he'd turn around and meet us there. At 11:50PM he arrived and got our bears checked in and we were finally on the road at 12:30am. We switched on and off driving so we could each get a bit of rest and made it back without any other issues.... I will say I'm one worn out fella though. Those RockStar Energy drinks aint quite as good as they used to be when I drank them in college to keep me up to study!!!
                              That is a big ol steamin pile of BS right there.

I can't imagine it would take very long to check a bear and tag it/give you documentation

You can bet I would be emailing her supervisor and letting him know what I thought about that situation

Comment

Congrats Shiloh . That is some beautiful country I hunted there for years. I went back to unit 81 in Colorado this last summer only to see the powder post beatals had destroyed miles of the forest north of there. Yes chasing those dogs at 9000 ft Ain't all it's cracked up to be. Wait about twenty years and try it again. Arvin

Comment

Working...
                                X