Clear All

Remington 742 value

In fair shape what would you think it’s worth? It is a 30-06
    Attached Files

About $400

Comment

I’d say about tree fiddy

Comment

Just seen one on consignment at DFW Shooting Sports for $375. I figured they be worth a bit more.

Comment

$350 if you want to sell it relatively quickly. $400 is the max you'll get and it could take a long time at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
            Just seen one on consignment at DFW Shooting Sports for $375. I figured they be worth a bit more.
            I think you would be very very lucky to get over $300. They are good guns but don't command a very high price.

Comment

I have one in my safe that hasn't been shot in about 30 years. There's a reason why.

These are lucky if you can get them to hold a pattern and you're even luckier if they consistently extract spent casings. This is not my opinion off of one rifle but off of 4 which would include mine, my father's, a neighbor from the 30 year time frame I previously mentioned and also that neighbor's son.

Sorry if I'm crapping on someone's thread here but seriously, don't do it. If there happens to be that much of a demand for these I have one I'll happily sell for 350 but don't say I didn't warn you.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                I have one in my safe that hasn't been shot in about 30 years. There's a reason why.

These are lucky if you can get them to hold a pattern and you're even luckier if they consistently extract spent casings. This is not my opinion off of one rifle but off of 4 which would include mine, my father's, a neighbor from the 30 year time frame I previously mentioned and also that neighbor's son.

Sorry if I'm crapping on someone's thread here but seriously, don't do it. If there happens to be that much of a demand for these I have one I'll happily sell for 350 but don't say I didn't warn you.

I think it’s about setting the expectations correctly. These aren’t meant to be seriously accurate rifles at distance. They are brush guns to be used at 75yds and in. Mine does well to hold minute of paper plate groups at 100 yards. I hold onto it because of the family history with it and it sits in the cabinet.

They don’t like being dry or dirty. Keep it clean and lubricated and they function well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$300 if your lucky

Comment

I guess I have been lucky have two both pretty accurate 2” or so at a 100 the 243 is kinda finicky about extraction at times the 30-06 is reliable as any rifle I have seen been shooting it over 40 years now I can only think of two malfunctions both with 55 grain accelerators

Comment

I hunted with one for several years. No failures of any kind, around 2.5"/3" groups at 100 yards, but the only deer I ever lost was because I hit a sapling or limb. I used to hunt some thick stuff ! I agree that $350/$400 is the most it's gonna bring.

Comment

I got that exact gun. I guess I am lucky because mine is a shooter.

Comment

I had one in 6mm that did 1-2" at 100 so I guess I was lucky. Never had a failure

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

On gun broker $350 to $400

on TBH $300 to $350

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                              I had one in 6mm that did 1-2" at 100 so I guess I was lucky. Never had a failure

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              I bought one in 6mm 2 years ago. Clean old rifle but I have never fired it. If it shoots over 2 inches @ 100 I will be selling it..

Comment

Working...
                              X