Hunting with a cough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting with a cough?

How many of would hunt or have hunted with a cough and chest congestion? Howd u handle the potential cough attack?

I don't go.

Comment

I found that a swig of pepsi held my cough back when i felt it coming

Comment

I have a thing that you can cough into and it suppresses your cough. It has a mouthpiece with a baffle filled with cotton balls. I forget the name of it, but it works pretty well. I have had it for a long time and don't remember where I ever got it. If I can find a name on it, I will let you know.

Comment

Cough drops and Vicks Vapor Rub for me and I keep windows of blind closed.

Comment

I've done it but I don't like to. If it's bad it is hard to control. Cough drops can help a little.

Comment

I use a grunt call

Comment

Lots of Halls cough drops and a small bottle of brandy, it will scratch that itch pretty well.

Comment

I cough into a rolled up shirt. I have had deer on my corn multiple times and they never paid attention when I coughed. I don't get to go often enough to stay home when I'm coughing.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	24526781

This is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                      I have a thing that you can cough into and it suppresses your cough. It has a mouthpiece with a baffle filled with cotton balls. I forget the name of it, but it works pretty well. I have had it for a long time and don't remember where I ever got it. If I can find a name on it, I will let you know.
                      I saw something like this on TV hunting show many years ago, don't know what the name was either but seem to work.

Richard S.

Yep this is what I saw as well.

Comment

Just put your forearm over your mouth.

Comment

Cough drops, cough into your coat, or use one of those cough mufflers.
                          I need to get one of those mufflers for my Dad

Comment

I had 2 hunting trips that were a complete bust this season due to coughing. all the cough drops and crown in the world didnt help. I hunt in creekbottoms in the hardwoods.....so every cough sounded like a MOAB going off.

Comment

It's amazing to me how I can leave camp coughing, but once in the stand or blind, the need to cough pretty much stops.
                              I have coughed(not a violent cough), with deer 90yds out and it didn't spook them. Of course they did look [emoji102] up and around!

Comment

Working...
                              X