Pit bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
    Or own a gun, or go hunting, or fishing, or have an outside job that requires work. I'm saying you must not know what a hipster is saying they are the only ones who would want to own a pit other then hunters
    Why would someone need balls to own a dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
      Guess you ever herd of animals sensing fear. You own the dog. Don't let the dog own you.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

You can't pick up a gun and shoot someone and then blame the gun.
        Yet it happens every day! (in a liberals mind/argument)

Comment

Ask a LEO what they think when they roll up on a house with a pitbull in the yard.

Comment

There's a reason the musli.... oops, pit bull apologists (sorry for the confusion, it's the same liberal logic) get so defensive. It's because the reason they own the dog in the first place is to be edgy. They pick a pit bull with intention of having to defend their selection. Unless you are an avid hog dogger or the quarter back for the Atlanta Falcons, there is absolutely no benefit to having one. They aren't known as good family, dogs, they aren't known as good bird dogs etc.. They are known for one thing. People buy them as pets because they know the perception that comes with it and they want to show how edgy and cool they are.

In conclusion. Unless you're a hog dogger or Michael Vick, Pit Bull owner=hipster
            Spot On... Your exactly right.
            The few people and family that I know that still own these dogs, as family pets, fit your stereo type to the T.

Trying to be edgy and controversial... Can't wait to go into defense mode..

Now I do know a few hog doggers that actually have a use for these dogs.. But not many.

Comment

I can't see how the whole "it's not the breed its the owner" argument ever held any water. I've seen spaniels that have never had a lick of training "point" out birds, and almost all labs are naturals in the water. They're born with it, its in their nature. Just like other breeds that were bred to be killers are naturally aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
                I can't see how the whole "it's not the breed its the owner" argument ever held any water. I've seen spaniels that have never had a lick of training "point" out birds, and almost all labs are naturals in the water. They're born with it, its in their nature. Just like other breeds that were bred to be killers are naturally aggressive.
                It's that liberal logic .

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                  Lmao hipsters? Haha I don't think hipsters have enough balls to own a pit. Like most people they are scared of a lot of things. Here you go with your liberal logic. Hipsters these day I swear
                  I think he admitted pits a mean vicious dogs LOL

I will agree that pit owners should be held accountable when their dog kills or hurts someone the exact same as if a gun owner took his gun and killed/injured someone.

Comment

There's a reason the musli.... oops, pit bull apologists (sorry for the confusion, it's the same liberal logic) get so defensive. It's because the reason they own the dog in the first place is to be edgy. They pick a pit bull with intention of having to defend their selection. Unless you are an avid hog dogger or the quarter back for the Atlanta Falcons, there is absolutely no benefit to having one. They aren't known as good family, dogs, they aren't known as good bird dogs etc.. They are known for one thing. People buy them as pets because they know the perception that comes with it and they want to show how edgy and cool they are.

In conclusion. Unless you're a hog dogger or Michael Vick, Pit Bull owner=hipster
                    I agree there is this perceived tough guy, macho bravado that pit owners have. Same goes for those that own venomous snakes in their home. They want to push the envelope and walk the edge for whatever personal reasons...the danger, insecurities, adrenaline , "because that's what bad *** tough guys do...." When one attacks it's never the breed but the owners.

Same mentality for rodeo rough stock riders. Bulls, Broncs and bares. I rode all three. And was somewhat successful in two. I did it for the adrenaline rush, the danger, and to hear the crowd and in Highschool the chicks dig it. Every time someone got seriously hurt or killed , as a contestant you blamed something else but walked away with the mentality it wont happen to me, knowing dang sure in your mind that could and will someday you. As tuff or lane said " don't be scared to follow your dreams...but be willing to pay the price." A few guys like me were willing and I feel the cost everyday today. The question isn't if you're gonna get hurt but when and how bad. Pit owners aren't much different mentally ...the difference is the Bulls and Broncs that could hurt me are showcased in an arena, where I was ready and willing. Not in a living room or walking down the street with no knowledge of the danger!

Comment

I'm not 100% against the breed.
                      After watching these dogs in acition I'll say The breed does have its place.. Small place... If I were a hog dogger I would want some but I would trust them about as much as I would trust a hand raised mountain lion or bobcat.. Not much..

I DO NOT think that they should be allowed to be owned and kept within the CITY LIMITS... They are to unpredictable and dangerous to be around a population.. Not allowing them in the city limits would greatly cut down on attacks and I agree that the owner should be at blame and not the breed...
                      You Have Been Warned.. You know the risks.. Take care of your business...

Comment

Not many hog doggers in this world..................0001% or less I reckon! Probably about the same number of folks that fight pit bulls. I have experienced both. Both interesting but neither something I need to do again. I reckon the money being exchanged in the fights are waaaaay more substantial than in hogs........I could be wrong.......lol!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          I'm not 100% against the breed.
                          After watching these dogs in acition I'll say The breed does have its place.. Small place... If I were a hog dogger I would want some but I would trust them about as much as I would trust a hand raised mountain lion or bobcat.. Not much..

I DO NOT think that they should be allowed to be owned and kept within the CITY LIMITS... They are to unpredictable and dangerous to be around a population.. Not allowing them in the city limits would greatly cut down on attacks and I agree that the owner should be at blame and not the breed...
                          You Have Been Warned.. You know the risks.. Take care of your business...
                          If we assume agreement with the merits of keeping pit bulls outside of the city limits, (I realize this is a very big IF) the practical possibility of making this happen would be very difficult.

First, the identification of the animals and setting standards of a bannable percentage of mixes involved would be, at best, very tricky -- maybe impossible to legislate at even a municipal level, much less statewide or nationwide.

Like many things, the answer may lie in insurance stipulations. They are private and can impose fees or determine exclusions based on the real-world facts in front of them. This is a slippery slope, however, as it can extend to many things deemed inherently dangerous -- such as trampolines. Wait, they already address those dastardly bouncing bone breakers. (Insert tongue-in-cheek icon.)

The most practical means to address the issue of pit bulls among us is probably education, peer discussion, maybe public service campaigns. What we're doing in this thread counts as all of these, I would say. Any action by pit owners has to be voluntary, for the most part. I don't see a movement to "ban the breed" by some legislative means passing or even being effective if it did pass.

Comment

Hmm

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                            Yep, I hear about killer labs and poodles all the time...
                            Hmm, well, I would bet if the thug would own the poodle and the upscale socialite would own the pit, then things might be reversed

Comment

We rescued one 8 years ago (see avatar). She’s a model citizen, and our whole neighborhood knows her and like her. We’re very responsible, of course.

She’s overweight at 60#. She was 42# at 1 year old. She’s no muscled up catch dog. She rarely barks and has a gentle mouth. She doesn’t like cats or squirrels but doesn’t have the terrier killer instinct...she’s kind of a wuss.

I would consider another but only through adoption so I can evaluate the temperament and other traits. Frankly, I’d be willin to adopt any mutt with the right qualities.

And for those curious, yes we have small kids. I’d be the first to kill a dog if it ever showed any signs of aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by txag View Post
                                we rescued one 8 years ago (see avatar). She’s a model citizen, and our whole neighborhood knows her and like her. We’re very responsible, of course.

She’s overweight at 60#. She was 42# at 1 year old. She’s no muscled up catch dog. She rarely barks and has a gentle mouth. She doesn’t like cats or squirrels but doesn’t have the terrier killer instinct...she’s kind of a wuss.

I would consider another but only through adoption so i can evaluate the temperament and other traits. Frankly, i’d be willin to adopt any mutt with the right qualities.

And for those curious, yes we have small kids. I’d be the first to kill a dog if it ever showed any signs of aggression.
                                m[ATTACH]890017[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X