1976 Ruger M77 30.06 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1976 Ruger M77 30.06 ?

My wife's father passed away last year and my MIL is going through his things. He had a 1976 (I assume) Ruger M77 in 30.06 that is one like I've never seen. Unusual stock, factory porting (I think), "Made In The 200th Year Of American Liberty" stamp on the barrel, etc. She's wanting to determine the value of it and I have no idea. I've done a short on-line check on it but can't find another one like it. It's in great shape with a few very light handling marks, excellent metal, no idea on round count but I would think it's low. It has a Bushnell Banner 3x9x40 matte finish scope (I think it's mounted sideways). Anyone have any insight or ideas?
    Attached Files

Looks like it was restocked maybe a Bishop or Fajens stock from that time period. The porting looks like Mag Na Port which was a very common recoil reducer back in the 70’s. The 200th year Ruger’s have a little collector value not a whole lot though.

Comment

It has been restocked but it is a nice gun. I always have like M77's

Comment

The mag-na-porting and new stock kill the collector value, but it's still a very nice gun in very nice shape. Someone will want that. I'd guess it at $500-600 given condition. Might take a little while to sell at that though.

LWD

Comment

Working...
        X