Longer Zoom ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longer Zoom ?'s

I got my D40 about a month ago. I have an 18-50mm and a 55-200mm lens that came with the kit. I want something with more zoom then the 200mm for stand hunting. The feeder’s average 100yards and I want something to bring the deer close. I am new to this and was wondering what 200mm was equal to in Binos 12X. Also what about the off bran Lens Like Sigma and such. Are they worth the money or would I be better off staying wit Nikkor lens. Thanks

Go take some picture of a dog or something at 100 yards with the 200. Your question will be answered. And try a teleconverter 1.4 or so.
    Sigma makes some good lenses.

Comment

I recently purchased a Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 DC Macro lens and I am absolutely happy with this purchase. It wasn't cheap but it also didn't kick me between the teeth in price either for the performance I'm seeing either.

You can find some pretty decent reviews with 3rd party lenses here. For telephoto work, dive in and check the reviews of 3rd party glass. As it is with all gear, some stuff works better than others across the product line including premium glass. Some cameras simply like a certain glass design irregardless to who builds them.

Comment

Working...
      X