Offset Smoker Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset Smoker Brands

Well I've been tossing around the idea for a few days now and I think I've decided to find a smaller pellet grill to do small briskets, ribs, chicken, etc. Thinking possibly the Green Mountain pellet grills...

But to the real question. You guys that have been around smokers for some time now what's a good middle of the road offset stick smoker? I'm looking for brands or models to keep an eye out for from time to time on craigslist or other sites where I can find a used offset for the days when I want to stoke a fire. I'm not looking for competition quality but I want something with decently thick metal that will hold up for a few years. I've looked at the oklahoma joes and have considered them an option but I was curious what the green screen has experience with???

Thanks guys.

MONGO BUILT Smokers are the only way to go!

Comment

All Seasons and Lyfe Tyme are a couple more nice ones you may considered.

Comment

I've really enjoyed my All Seasons pit... well made and with their internal dampers, once you get the hang of it, real easy to get good temperature control pretty even end to end...

Comment

Does anyone run a Jambo?

Comment

The one you build yourself will be the best smoker!

Comment

Oklahoma Joe from Lowes. My dad had one and used it at least once a week. Had it close to 10 years before he passed. My Mom still has it and uses it on occasion .

Comment

Originally posted by Jkbow View Post
                The one you build yourself will be the best smoker!
                Trust me I wish so badly to build my own but one I don't have the time and two I don't know how to weld but I would love to learn!

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                Oklahoma Joe from Lowes. My dad had one and used it at least once a week. Had it close to 10 years before he passed. My Mom still has it and uses it on occasion .
                That's kind of the direction I was leaning.

I'm going up to the Dallas Safari Club show today and I'm going to stop in at Buccees and take a look at their offsets.

Comment

I picked up a couple Oklahoma Joe's like the one pictured for $80 new thanks to another TBH thread. I've been very satisfied with them so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                    I picked up a couple Oklahoma Joe's like the one pictured for $80 new thanks to another TBH thread. I've been very satisfied with them so far.

Dang that’s a steal!

Comment

I bought the Academy version of a Trager, I love it. You can catch them on sale for $399.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                        Dang that’s a steal!
                        Yes it was...that's why I now have one at the house and another at the cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          I've really enjoyed my All Seasons pit... well made and with their internal dampers, once you get the hang of it, real easy to get good temperature control pretty even end to end...

Man I looked at one at buccees today and I didn’t realize they were such heavy gauge steel...kind of caught my attention.

Comment

I looked at the oklahoma joe's at Lowe's yesterday and wasn't very impressed.

I did take a look at a couple Old Country pits at academy and I was fairly impressed actually. Good, thick steel construction and appeared to seal up fairly well.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/old...dCatid=4224695 I saw this offset vertical and I'll be honest I'm thinking I might end up with one!

Comment

Working...
                            X