Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
    Thanks, Mexico.

Have y'all been out to look for any yet?
    Been tough with all the rain and high grass. I've posted a few on my alto bonito thread.

Comment

Nice finds every one...

I love this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
        I found the other side of "up and comer" this weekend. Can't wait to see what he does over the summer.
        Looked for the right side of "8to10" but no luck.

I got lucky and found the other side of
        "8to10" today.
        Sure glad to have both sides now.

Comment

Sweet BT! Multiple both sided sheds!

Comment

Man, nice sheds. I have walked I dont know how many miles and found just 1 small shed.

Comment

Just come back from my place in Val Verde County and did not find one fresh shed (found 2 older ones) Then we saw bucks still carrying antlers. This seems odd to me, can anyone share some insight?

Comment

Several bucks are still sporting one or both sides of their antlers on our place in Edwards county. They had all dropped by this time last year, but it was also much drier than it has been this spring. I haven't been able to find a single fresh shed. There's really only three bucks who's sheds I'd be interested in finding. I'd leave the others for the rodents to chew on. I did manage to find one nice shed dropped in a previous year. I scored it out at 58 7/8's. Would have been a record buck for our place, assuming his other side matched and he had a 15-16 inch spread.

Comment

Ours are already growing velvet. One that lost quite a bit of pedicle with his antler is sporting some abnormal growth from the base. All the elements (weather, plots, browse, genetics) are shaping up for a banner year.

Comment

With the lack of harvesting of bucks last season and the abundance of green food, the horns should be better than average this coming season.

Comment

Anybody had any luck with the chicken wire shed trap method?

Comment

Found this one Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                        X