When Do the Pigs move at Granger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Do the Pigs move at Granger?

I have been hunting several evenings at Granger and saw pigs almost every time. But, they were always moving more than 30 minutes after sundown so it was pretty dark and past legal hours.

When is the best time to see the piggies during legal hours, in the morning, or in the evening? Do they ever move in broad daylight?

go find them

Comment

WEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

About **** time

Comment

If it is an overcast day or rainy, then they will probably move a little earlier in the day. Good luck and stick one!

Comment

what area of granger are you hunting?

Comment

we spot and stock all day long but you usually have to run them out of the thicks,i think they move more right at sundown you just gotta be at the right place at the right time,wanna see a bunch come on out to thwe granger ranger meat and taters hunt in may and youll get all the info you need

Comment

they were always moving more than 30 minutes after sundown so it was pretty dark and past legal hours.
              There are no "legal hours" of hunting for ferrel hogs. Anytime, anywhere, no bag limit, and any method is legal. No restriction what so ever, except those imposed for the property you hunt.

Comment

I hunt both Willis Creek and Pecan Grove below the dam.

Bulletpusher, that was a question I had. The TPWD general game laws say no restrictions, but the Corps of Engineers 'Prohibited Acts' list, the same one that specifies wearing safety orange on the Granger WMA, says no hunting 30 minutes after sundown.

Any old Granger veterans want to weigh in?

Comment

Seems to me there may be a theory vs. reality thing going on. The Corps has to pay a goverment hunter to kill hogs every two years from a helicopter because we hunters are not proficient enough to keep the population in check. So while the rules 'say' no hunting after 30 minutes, in fact the Rangers want us to kill all we can and won't say anything to you if your truck is still parked at the gate at midnight, as long as you come out dragging a hog, instead of a deer.

Comment

you just gotta push em out of the brush

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                      Seems to me there may be a theory vs. reality thing going on. The Corps has to pay a goverment hunter to kill hogs every two years from a helicopter because we hunters are not proficient enough to keep the population in check. So while the rules 'say' no hunting after 30 minutes, in fact the Rangers want us to kill all we can and won't say anything to you if your truck is still parked at the gate at midnight, as long as you come out dragging a hog, instead of a deer.
                      i sure wouldnt take that chance

Comment

i talked to a game warden about this last week. he said that as long as you're huntin hogs you can hunt them at night. He also said it might be good to call the local warden and let them know you'll be out there in case they get a call about poachers in the area.

I'll be huntin late tomorrow evening....

Comment

We (Granger Rangers) spent a weekend chasing hogs the end of Feb. I personally saw 80 hogs in two and a half days. All moving at Wharp speed. I would thing that a couple guys moving slowly through some of the thicker stuff with the wind in your face might get on them before they start running. There are hogs all over but the ones I saw all had Nikes on.

Comment

hogs with nikes
                            they're hard enough to hunt as it is....

Comment

I'm here to testify!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X