Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl plank flooring

Looking at Hill Country Innovations
    Water proof vinyl snap together flooring.
    Wood colored. With some wood grain texture.
    Anybody tried this out yet?

Thanks

Big pig

Originally posted by Big pig View Post

Thanks

Big pig
    Yes, Yes, and Yes. We just put LVP flooring by Shaw in our kitchen, livingroom, and hallway. Its the floating, snap together type not the glue down. Compared to the laminate that we had before its so much quieter to walk on and with animals, its not as cold during the winter and feels better underfoot. Not to mention it doesn't buckle if it gets wet. Ours is wood textured that looks great, will do other rooms as well when it gets time for them to be redone.

Comment

Vinyl plank flooring

Yes, I am very pleased so far. It was a breeze to install. It requires its own tapping block, but wasn't that bad.

From a picture, a lot of people thought we put real wood down.

What color do you plan on using?
      Last edited by TallTexan; 09-25-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

We put down Allure from Home Depot, 1'X3' planks that look like ceramic tile, and glue to each other, but still free floating. I did it myself in two evenings, and in my humble opinion, looked pretty great and felt great on your feet, not as hard and severe as real ceramic tile.

Comment

We have done about half of our house in it so far and we love it..

Comment

What does it do to the home resale value compared to real wood? Just wondering as we are about to go down this road also.

Comment

We have a contractor in here now and this was put down a few days ago. Looks fantastic! But I hate the way it feels. Our home is older and this room was once a porch so there are some imperfections- little dips and swells. I can feel the space between the flooring and subfloor where these areas are.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                We have a contractor in here now and this was put down a few days ago. Looks fantastic! But I hate the way it feels. Our home is older and this room was once a porch so there are some imperfections- little dips and swells. I can feel the space between the flooring and subfloor where these areas are.

That is due to a bad prep, and not so much the floor it self.

Comment

YES! We did the whole house and love it.

Comment

I bought a 5mm LVP from Lumber liquidators and found a guy on CL that installed it. I really like mine. I pulled up all my base and he undercut the fireplace and door jambs, so I have no quarter round. I like mine, but I doubt if it increase home value like real wood. After taking up the entry way and bathroom tile, I will never lay another foot of tile.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post

Thanks

Big pig
                      I put down Allure Vinyl Wood planks on part of my floors. They free float and are glued together. You are welcome to stop by and look at them. I will give you show you the good and the bad about this brand.

Comment

Working...
                      X