Weighted Arrow Inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighted Arrow Inserts

Do any of you guys have experience with some kind of insert to add weight to carbon arrows. I looking to add a few grains to my current arrow setup.

Something like this:

I use aqaurium tubing for my trad bows. It adds a whole hell of alot more than your probably wanting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dahmer View Post
      I use aqaurium tubing for my trad bows. It adds a whole hell of alot more than your probably wanting though.
      What do you do with it? How do you use it?

Comment

Just cut the tubing to the proper length, pop the nock off the arrow, and slide the tubing down. Put the nock back in and go shoot.

Comment

Nice and easy. I like it.

How do you keep the stuff held in place. Wouldn't it slide from front to back of the arrow when shooting?

Comment

Not unless you hit the neighbors brick house. Don't do that by the way they get upset!

They stay in there pretty **** well.

Comment

Be careful to watch the weight on the aquarium tubing and not just the length...can make a big difference.

Comment

Muzzy make 50 & 100 grain brass inserts for regular carbon & Hit AXIS type arrows

I made a few dozen up for bear & hogs

at 25" beman 340 MFX with Wraps reflective and 3 NAP Quik Spins Speed hunter vanes my arrow weight 448.00 grains with a 125 grain broadhead.

Some western State(s) as a min weight for hunting deer and a heavier minim for elk hunting

Comment

Originally posted by tinman View Post
                  Be careful to watch the weight on the aquarium tubing and not just the length...can make a big difference.

I never thought of that. All of mine shoot the same so I just figured they weighed pretty close together. I never shoot past 15 yards with my recurve so I probably wouldn't notice a difference at that range unless it was a huge difference.

Thanks for the tip though. Now I get to weigh all my arrows and tinker with my man toys.

Comment

Originally posted by tinman View Post
                    Roger that! I was actually thinking about using something else in measured increments until I found the weight that I want.

Comment

This brings up a good point I've been wondering about. I posted about it earlier but didn't get any responses. I have decide I'll be making lighted nocks for all my hunting arrows, but wonder how the extra 15-18 grains at the nock end of the arrow will make it fly. Will it have drastically negative effects? Should i balance it out by adding more weight to the tip? Anyone with experience or suggestions in this arena, I'd be glad to know.

Comment

3 Rivers Archery in Ohiya carries weight tubes in various weights. They've got a website if you want to take a look. They carry 3, 5, and 8 grain per inch tubes.

With the mod's and Michael's permission (?): http://www.3riversarchery.com/Produc...=0&i=6731%2D2X

I don't know of anyone else that carries them.

Comment

Working...
                        X