• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know how you like it.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Like Casey mentioned, I have the Tamron 17-50 and have been pleased with it.

I think with third party lenses especially, some models are better than others. This 17-50 has good reviews, as did the Tokina 11-16, which I'm fond of as well. However, other Tamron/Tokina/Sigma lenses might not be as good or as sharp as these models.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks Michael. I've only used Sigma before in digital but this lens had very good reviews.

For my in between lens I'm most likely going with a Sigma 50-150, 2.8. I know the norm is the 70-200 but this lens has excellent reviews and I'm not as worried about outdoor reach with the lens.

Comment

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Sigma a few minutes ago. It had $150 off until March 31 so I decided not to wait. I'm set on lenses for awhile now.

Now I need to get serious about acquiring a quadcopter.

Comment

Good for you Bill. I picked up a Nikon 16-35 VR right before Christmas and having shot mostly on the 70-200 side of things, I am really enjoying the wide side on my full frame D700. It is definitely a different shooting style.

Comment

Thanks WB.

The Tamron arrived today from Hong Kong. This lens is made in Japan, not China or Taiwan. Initial impression is very favorable. This vendor shipped from Hong Kong on Friday, the lens was in Houston Saturday and would have been here yesterday except the sub driver for Fedex got lost. Today's driver was very apologetic. Going to see if I can go snap some of my two youngest grandgirls around the corner.

Sigma 50-150, 2.8 will be here Friday.

Comment

Look what showed up today. Taken with the Tamron lens at 2.8.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0090 (Custom).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	24297005

Comment

Check out www.lensmate.com. I have order several telephoto lens from them for my Canon cameras and have been very happy. They also have other camera accessories and great customer service if you have any questions.

Comment

Nice lens Bill

Comment

Thanks Will. Looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

Went to my grandboy's hockey game and was going to test out the 50-150, 2.8. Snapped the first one and look at the screen. "No card in camera". doh!

Comment

Working...
                          X