Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String trackers

Any of you guys ever used one?
    Do they effect trajectory within around 20 yards?

Randy Madden does.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Bisch seems to be the resident expert on String Trackers - he swears by it.

Comment

Thanks Gary. Maybe he'll tune in

Comment

You too Jerp

Comment

Heck until Randy showed that video of the pig he shot I didn't even know they still made them.

Comment

I've used them on & off over the years. They are a great tool.

I don't notice any difference in trajectory, until I get out to 30 yards.

Rick

Comment

Did you get yours on line?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Did you get yours on line?

Mine is an old T100 from the original string tracker company. They don't even make them anymore.

There's a guy (don't remember the name) who makes some real nice ones out of leather. They use the spools for the T1000 string trackers, and by all accounts I have read they work great.

Rick

Comment

This is the ones I am talking about.

https://www.driftertraditionalarcher...s/hunting-gear

Rick

Comment

That sandy soul out Abilene way can make for interesting blood tracking. One may come in handy.

Comment

I don't have one. Just saw one in a new 3 Rivers catalog. Looks like they would be great for turkey.
                        Thanks for the info Rick. What size line do you recommend?

Comment

You can order the string at turkeyhuntingsecrets.com. If you are using it from a trad bow, the best place to get the unit is Drifter Traditional Archery. Chad makes a leather holder for the string that looks way better on a trad bow than the old black plastic clunky thing. This unit can also be used on one piece bows.

As far as trajectory goes, I have not shot one past 20yds, and not shot a critter with the string tracker past about 15yds. I have not noticed any bad effects on the arrow at those distances. One thing you need to know if you are new to them is this: when you first set up a new spool of line, pull out enough line so there is about a #2 pencil sized hole where the string is feeding out of the center of the spool. DO NOT try to shoot a critter with no line pulled out. There is too much resistance in a new spool , and arrow flight will be effected in that case.

I have shot a ton of critters with the string tracker.i think they are invaluable for turkey hunting and night pig hunting. I have used them for deer also.

Like Rick said above, they are a great tool. They will not save a bad shot, but they can save a lethal shot with a bad blood trail.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks John Paul but that seems like a thread that just caused a lot of hard feelings. Not too much abt string trackers.

Comment

Working...
                            X