No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no wonder he is a jerk, he's trying to keep the place to himself. what a total jerk. hope i dont have any run ins with this character. surprised no one gets him for harrassment and making threats. ill be sure to call the man on him if he rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

Well there on cleburne and gibbs road I know a guy there i the littles house with a red ford pickup, I can get thru there and I drive all the way back in behind all those houses there is a feeder and a ladder stand back there looking on public property I think. The house i about halfway down the road before you get to the slight right hand turn, I know where you are talking about on the trailer park and the paintball place the road right is rough and probably impossible unless in fourwheel drive truck. Do you know if behind the paintball place there is also a hummer trail I wonder what is behind that place public land? Well I am done jabbering hopefully I can get some questions answered.

Comment

I dont think the lease owner is being a jerk, all he is trying to do is protect his investment on "HIS HUNTING LEASE". The road in there is not a public road. Im in there all the time and see where people have come down there, in there 4 wheel drives and tear the hell out of the fields, go through the fence and tear the hell out of the corp land. They are constantly cutting the fence/gate out at one spot.
        Learn the laws of the land and there wont be a problem!

Comment

gee i havent been up to grapevine enough to break any laws of the land, but from what i hear someone threatening to shoot out tires is a jerk period. i dont care if he is protecting his lease or not. plain and simple sounds like he is discouraging people from hunting public land that happens to but up to his lease. i guess he writes himself a ticket to for jumping his fence and accessing public land. by the way i hunt corps land so i know the laws of the land. maybe someone should lobby for a new parking area right next to his lease. that would be nice.

Comment

What are you all going to hunt up there?

Comment

hogs

Comment

Do you all have any room on the hunt still? If so when are you all going?

Comment

i wont be back for weeks, fishing now

Comment

If anyone in the DFW area wants someone to go hunting let me know. Im always down to hunt

Comment

just be sure to know the "law of the land" when it comes to grapevine if you go that way. lots of hogs up there though. good luck to you.

Comment

You need a permit to hunt there dont you??

Comment

yeah, you can get it from the **** office next to bass pro shops. just make sure you show up with your hunter ed card and its free for the permit. park at the designated parking areas or else "someone" will shoot out your tires or have you vehicle towed.

Comment

People around there a**holes?

Comment

yeah from what i hear, best to be safe and park at the designated park points. read this post from the beginning and decide whether you want to hunt up there or not. my guess is yes there are some a-holes up there so just be careful and try not to tresspass.

Comment

Yeah I read it. It seems like some people dont like hunters up there. Sorry for all the questions. Im knew to TX and Ft Worth. Do you ever hunt benbrook lake?

Comment

Working...
                                X