Cruise to cozumel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise to cozumel

In May, wife and I are taking 4 day break and going on a cruise to Cozumel. We do not want to do any excursions that they charge for this time. Looking to relax and chill out. Any ideas on shopping areas or things to do that's not related to the tourist trap? Something relaxing, no sports oriented/fishing stuff.
    Any nice local markets?

When we went to Cozumel we just walked around town, ended up at a SeƱor Frogs and got hammered. Not saying it's not safe to wander around, but I'd stay around other folks from the ship if you don't speak Spanish.

Comment

We go to a place called Mr. Sanchos Beach. They sell tickets on the boat but we usually wait to purchase there. It's all inclusive food and drinks plus relaxation on the beach. Been our favorite spot so far.

Comment

Hire a taxi driver for the day. Tell him that's what you want, they will take you to some awesome places. That's what we usually do, or rent motorcycles.

Comment

We stay in a timeshare there and walk all over downtown. Most ports have a central shopping area close so you can walk through all of those. Plus I believe you can do day pass at most resorts to enjoy the beach or what not. We will be there at the end of May for my sons high school grad trip

Comment

Rent a car or scooter depending on your sense of adventure. Drive to the back side of the island and eat at coconuts. Awesome place on a cliff overlooking the beach with good food and a relaxed atmosphere. There are beach areas down the road a bit also. Can't really get lost as the main road just makes a big loop. The best beaches are on the back side of the island (real beaches, not the coral studded fake stuff between Cozumel and the mainland). Haven't been in several years so it may or may not have grown touristy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to shop and find decent priced local food go as far away from the waterfront side of town as you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by akstigo01 View Post
                We go to a place called Mr. Sanchos Beach. They sell tickets on the boat but we usually wait to purchase there. It's all inclusive food and drinks plus relaxation on the beach. Been our favorite spot so far.
                This! Private beach and nice. All food and drinks included and I think it was like $60 a person. Book through Mr. Sancho's online its much cheaper. But book ahead of time to make sure you get in. When we went it was booked up so you wouldn't have been able to buy it there.

Beach chairs and huts
                Click image for larger version

Name:	15355595_10211127555135507_8966469808364829834_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	24493230

Blue water and all the Sol you can drink

Name:	15327428_10211127555055505_506655070731646297_n.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24493231

Pool with swim up bar if you want

Name:	15267682_10211127612256935_2436472995952489001_n.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	24493232

Shrimp cocktail and Tiki huts

Name:	15356613_10211127557655570_1333578392485493473_n.jpg
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	24493233

If you do go ask for this guy, Hector. Top notch service and our plates stayed fulled and our drinks.

Name:	15337528_10211127560375638_5234201778440200043_n.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	24493234

Comment

****o did you move down there

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                    In May, wife and I are taking 4 day break and going on a cruise to Cozumel. We do not want to do any excursions that they charge for this time. Looking to relax and chill out. Any ideas on shopping areas or things to do that's not related to the tourist trap? Something relaxing, no sports oriented/fishing stuff.
                    Any nice local markets?
                    Rent a car or taxi and go to Punta Sur...beautiful beach and great snorkeling and rarely if ever crowded. I got to Cozumel a few times a year to dive and the shopping is pretty much all tourist crap...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                      This! Private beach and nice. All food and drinks included and I think it was like $60 a person. Book through Mr. Sancho's online its much cheaper. But book ahead of time to make sure you get in. When we went it was booked up so you wouldn't have been able to buy it there.

Beach chairs and huts
                      [ATTACH]850730[/ATTACH]

Blue water and all the Sol you can drink
                      [ATTACH]850731[/ATTACH]

Pool with swim up bar if you want
                      [ATTACH]850732[/ATTACH]

Shrimp cocktail and Tiki huts
                      [ATTACH]850733[/ATTACH]

If you do go ask for this guy, Hector. Top notch service and our plates stayed fulled and our drinks.
                      [ATTACH]850734[/ATTACH]
                      Yup and Hector was our waiter the last 2 times we been there

Comment

Beach dive just down current from their "national park" beach when the cruise ships are in port. A lot of money floats out of pockets.

Comment

Lol, we love Hector, I would exit restroom and he would be waiting outside with a fresh beer!

Comment

Some friends of mine always rent a jeep and take a lap around the island stopping at different beaches.

Comment

Depending what you want to do but we always hit Coconuts at least once a trip, Punta Sur is a very nice beach, there is a small reef in front of The Money Bar that is good to snorkel for free. We always stay there at resorts so I have never went to Sancho's but it's looks okay, plenty of shopping right there at the dock and some good eats around there also.

Comment

Working...
                              X