No announcement yet.

Your stance - open, closed or neutral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A slightly open stance works best for me. But hunting and 3D often require shooting from odd positions, so I shoot from various positions.

Comment

I shoot a lot more odd stances shooting 3d then I ever encounter hunting.... But if I had my choice it would be feet together

Comment

Open if possible but, as mentioned above by so many - it is not always feasible. I tend to shoot from some very unorthodox positions.. When I hunt I have even had to lie almost prone to get a shot. I practice many different body and foot positions.

Comment

Some high tech stuff

Comment

I've never thought it too important. It's the part above the waist that is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              In a perfect world I use a slightly open stance. That being said, the world is not perfect. At almost every shoot I go to and almost every hunting shot (because I am usually sitting when hunting) there are times where I cannot achieve a perect stance. I try to use the same shot routine for every shot - from start to finish. But I cannot sometimes. I was taught by Rod Jenkins that you should attempt to use the same shot sequence, but, when something happens to make part of it not doable, then you make sure all the other parts are still right. That is what I try to do.

Bisch
              This for me .

Comment

I've tried them all..slightly closed is more consistent for me.

The closed stance or neutral stance has it's pros.. but the con ends up being target clarity. Because of your head position in relation to the bow and the target, you end up using more periferial vision (yeah that's not spelled right... ) than say with an open stance where you get much more clarity on the target and your bow's sight window if you're a gap shooter.

think of it like a baseball player.. hitters that stand with an open stance have better "ball vision" than those with a closed stance and tend to hit better even though their swing is shorter in comparison. They are better able to see the ball from start to finish.

With us shooting targets...our vision is everything.

Comment

Working...
                X