Thermacell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermacell?

I know there was a recent posting about the effectiveness of the thermacell and how some of you "wont leave home without it". Does it really work as well as they say? Im thinking about buying one myself since we've had so much rain. I watched a video of a guy testing one. He was standing in an area that had tons of mosquitoes. He fired it up, and after about 10 minutes he still had them fogging and biting him. Was that because there was so many of them or does it have to really really warm up? He kept saying that the slight breeze was affecting it. Has anyone seen that video?
    Any advice or comments on how well it works or doesnt work? I want to get one before the hunts start up.

Mine works great.

Comment

I bought one but haven’t tried it yet. In to see what others say

Comment

The wind does affect them in my opinion, but I think it has to be a pretty stiff wind. I love mine for what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It works for me when the wind is not bad. I tested it by turning it on and off during a hunt and it did the job. Actually walked back to camp one time for mine because the mosquitoes were so bad after a rain, would do it again if I had to.

Comment

I just bought one and will be giving it a try in a week or so.

Comment

One of the best thing I put into my pack when hunting.

Make sure and buys in bulk and keep extra fuel & wafers with you. With they quit, its sudden and the shield is down.

I also got a case that holds it, extra supplies for it and has a clip. It helps.

J

Comment

Best money I’ve ever spent.

I turned mine off one morning during a hunt, a few minutes later the blood suckers started coming in. Turned the Thermacell back on, and in about 15 minutes the mosquitoes were gone again.

True believer here.

Comment

Well worth the $20...don’t hesitate

Comment

I would rather leave my release at home than my thermacell. They work. Great. I turn mine on when I start my walk to my stand. That way when I unzip my backpack when Im in my tree that baby starts working immediately. It is better if its under you I think. The vapors or smoke tends to travel up, then whichever way wind is blowing. I lean down and clip it somewhere near my calves where I can reach it. I wish I would have invented it. Id charge $99 and sell the heck out of em

Comment

Best thing since sliced bread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Best invention ever. I have 5

Comment

Love them. Do it.

Comment

Once you have one you will never leave home without it! Got hang it real close to your upper body and be on the downwind side!

Comment

They’re fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X